Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharge @ Factory Before Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting! I think such charging is suppposed to be wiped out. How do you know it didn't use any of your 400 kWh? It's free because it was in those 400. I've seen people get charging before delivery reset, and you might want to do the same. Of course it's only a few kWh most likely; one more thing that is/should be on the delivery checklist for the SC to be sure to do if needed!

Interesting! I think such charging is suppposed to be wiped out. How do you know it didn't use any of your 400 kWh? It's free because it was in those 400. I've seen people get charging before delivery reset, and you might want to do the same. Of course it's only a few kWh most likely; one more thing that is/should be on the delivery checklist for the SC to be sure to do if needed!

Nothing they do before you click "accept delivery" will count anyways. They supercharged my car before i took delivery as well and i still had 400 KwH credits when i left, and somehow still had 400 KwH credits when i returned home that night despite supercharging and driving over 350+ miles.

I still don't understand why delivery occupies supercharger stalls. Superchargers are for customer use and NOT for Tesla's own use. This is the case at service centers also, where there are superchargers...

every service center has their own private supercharger set aside for tesla maintenance use. i suspect they have one for deliveries as well. Doubt they are actively using the public supercharger stalls.

Reactions: democappy and FlyF4
Nothing they do before you click "accept delivery" will count anyways. They supercharged my car before i took delivery as well and i still had 400 KwH credits when i left, and somehow still had 400 KwH credits when i returned home that night despite supercharging and driving over 350+ miles.

every service center has their own private supercharger set aside for tesla maintenance use. i suspect they have one for deliveries as well. Doubt they are actively using the public supercharger stalls.

They are. I charge a lot in Fremont and they're constantly charging cars to be delivered. And not every service center has superchargers. Very far from it. They have destination chargers, just like Fremont (about 20 or so)..

They are. I charge a lot in Fremont and they're constantly charging cars to be delivered. And not every service center has superchargers. Very far from it. They have destination chargers, just like Fremont (about 20 or so)..

Not every service center has public supercharger stalls, but they all have a private supercharger reserved for service to use for diagnosis, testing/charging. (essentially a cable hooked up to a supercharger inside the building) This was confirmed on another thread somewhere here on TMC.

My S100D came from the KC service center. They do not have a supercharger at the service center. They took my car to the local supercharger about 10 miles away in Independence. It also showed up on My Tesla page. It took 37KW off of my 400KW. It was credited back about a month later. I mentioned it when I called them on a different issue. I did not ask for them to credit it. So I don't know if they credited it back because I mentioned it or if they would have done it anyway. But your charge history will now show on your My Tesla page if you don't have free supercharging. I have an X with unlimited charging and it does not show the history for charging. The new S100D does. It will show where you charged, how much you charged in KW and how much of your 400KW you have left. I have 98KW left so I haven't been charged yet. I have a credit card on file so I don't know if they will automatically charge the card or not.