Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharge is 1 month free for new owner with Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tried a supercharge session here in Markham Markville mall, I charged my car from 273km to 432km in about 30mins. My Tesla account still no history button, and my credit card has not been charged (it will send me an sms if it is charged for any amount.).

---------------------------------------
Update:
Okay, I take back what I said above..After 5 hours delay, Tesla charged me 7.8$, for charging Tier 1 for 39mins.

One more question: I am pretty sure that I picked up a charger left and right empty, why is tier 1 which is less than 60KW?

--------------------------

Last edited:
That won’t be the case as the place that I charged are pretty new.

I doubt the electricians who install them update Tesla's internal software. That would be set at the factory and then updated by Tesla. My 3 was brand new when I picked it up and it had the update icon on it so being new doesn't always mean being updated, and it's likely the same for the superchargers. The ones up and running could have been updated with the latest software earlier than a newly installed one waiting for an update, at least in theory anyway, just like someone driving an older 3 would have newer software than my brand new 3, until I took the update.

I just tried a supercharge session here in Markham Markville mall, I charged my car from 273km to 432km in about 30mins. My Tesla account still no history button, and my credit card has not been charged (it will send me an sms if it is charged for any amount.).
You don't have to put up with not being charged for supercharging. How dare they do that to you? Call them and complain loudly. I suspect they will stop whatever they are doing and correct that deplorable situation. That will show'em.

---------------------------------------
Update:
Okay, I take back what I said above..After 5 hours delay, Tesla charged me 7.8$, for charging Tier 1 for 39mins.

One more question: I am pretty sure that I picked up a charger left and right empty, why is tier 1 which is less than 60KW?

--------------------------
You have to look at the actual numbers on the Supercharger. The paired charger may be 4 chargers away to the left or right depending on how the station is set up.

For instance, the Burlingron, WA supercharger goes 1a , 2a, 3a, 4a, 1b, 2b, 3b, 4b. So in this case, if you were charging in 1b and looked left and right and nobody was charging in those stalls but someone pulls into charge 4 stalls away in 1a, you are now paired and will be billed tier 1 rates.

You have to look at the actual numbers on the Supercharger. The paired charger may be 4 chargers away to the left or right depending on how the station is set up.

For instance, the Burlingron, WA supercharger goes 1a , 2a, 3a, 4a, 1b, 2b, 3b, 4b. So in this case, if you were charging in 1b and looked left and right and nobody was charging in those stalls but someone pulls into charge 4 stalls away in 1a, you are now paired and will be billed tier 1 rates.

Thanks that could be the case..