Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharge miles for referral code considered bribe?- Canadian Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know specifics on the issue for the supercharge miles in Canada not going 2 ways (Meaning if I use your code, only I would get the free miles).

I was told briefly on the phone with the sales rep that Canada (Or maybe Vancouver/BC specific) requires the referred miles to be only awarded to 1 individual otherwise it is considered a bribe to purchase the car. He mentioned some regulatory body that I wish I remembered to check on this.

Quite absurd, but the website language continues suggests that I should get miles if someone uses my code.

Does anyone know more about this for the Canadian side? Seems quite shady to not change the language and have an army of Canadian's trying to sell cars on Tesla's behalf to try to get some free miles only to not actually get them.

Anyone know specifics on the issue for the supercharge miles in Canada not going 2 ways (Meaning if I use your code, only I would get the free miles).

I was told briefly on the phone with the sales rep that Canada (Or maybe Vancouver/BC specific) requires the referred miles to be only awarded to 1 individual otherwise it is considered a bribe to purchase the car. He mentioned some regulatory body that I wish I remembered to check on this.

Quite absurd, but the website language continues suggests that I should get miles if someone uses my code.

Does anyone know more about this for the Canadian side? Seems quite shady to not change the language and have an army of Canadian's trying to sell cars on Tesla's behalf to try to get some free miles only to not actually get them.

It’s not a “Canadian” issue, it’s a BC issue.

There is a long discussion in this thread.

No referral rewards for BC residents now

There is a reference to the specific statutory provision here.

No referral rewards for BC residents now