Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharged Dream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well done brewster - I love it, and it should be sent to Tesla.

Now please extend from Sydney to Gold Coast!

I'll second that and give it a +1. Given that Sydney-Brisbane is by far the busiest inter capital corridor, around 60% more vehicles daily than Sydney-Melbourne and linking large regional centres, I really don't see the logic in delaying the rollout. I don't buy the reasoning that Tesla can't find the money.

Well, the recent Press release from Tesla about Superchargers isn't quite up to the standard of your dreams, but its better than nothing, I guess..
Locations include key hotels such as Park Hyatt Sydney, The Darling, Hotel Realm Canberra, The Observatory in Port Macquarie and to fulfil the winter snow travelers Rundells Alpine Lodge Dinner Plain. In addition, key shopping centres such as Westfield Chatswood and Chadstone have been utilised, with premium parking locations and wall connectors available to Model S owners.
Tesla Motors has also partnered with Secure Parking to enable a safe and affordable location for Model S owners to park and charge whilst at work or out in town. These locations are centrally located across Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne

I'll second that and give it a +1. Given that Sydney-Brisbane is by far the busiest inter capital corridor, around 60% more vehicles daily than Sydney-Melbourne and linking large regional centres, I really don't see the logic in delaying the rollout. I don't buy the reasoning that Tesla can't find the money.

Can you and/or others please provide best guesses for the locations of the Superchargers for the Sydney - Brisbane route ...

Sydney-Brisbane.png

I tried to work it out a while back, and got:

uo81f2C.png

First 9 (+Sydney) scheduled for this year, next 6 scheduled for 2016. I haven't double checked this using the map above however, in case anything has changed.

Edit: Double checked... Yeah Bulahdelah looks way more accurate than Taree.

Edit again: Biggest gap ~195km from Kempsey to Grafton.

Last edited:
It is really disheartening that Australia does not have its fair share of SuperChargers.

I mean it is literally impossible to drive the Tesla from Sydney to Brisbane in an ordinary ICE way. You don't want to stay overnight at a destination charger in Port Macquarie and same again at Kempsey... You want to eat a greasy meat pie at Port Macquarie and a fatty sausage roll at Kempsey as the Tesla super chargers each time.

It is somewhat pathetic that after all this time Australia only has, what 3 supercharger locations, 2 in Sydney and 1 in Melbourne or something? Mind you, they are not chargers along the highway on the way to destinations...

I mean while the US, Norway and other European Countries have glorious Yves Saint Lauren makeup SuperChargers all over their face, we at the arse end have ugly Bridget Jones' Diary knickers. And that just stinks!

The Aussie forum users can only dream about where to put them. But the further you head away from down under, the more you live the dream.

Your typical Californian wonders about whether they will use the SuperChargers on the left or the right of the road, or the ones around the corner. Their decision is probably made on which diner serves the tastier Hot Dog and fries. The Aussies are still trying to drag a kite behind their car and wait for a storm.

Someone once said that Goulburn is scheduled for Phase 3. That was yonks ago. Why the delay? The delay is not because we Aussies are fortunate to await the super liquid cooled cool SuperChargers. That just aint cool enough for down under. More like the delay is just until hell freezes over.

Has Elon Musk ever visited Australia? You might need to explain that it's the pink bit, a couple'o inches below China.

Last edited:
If you've ever tried to get planning approval or a decent sized electrical connection sorted in Australia it can take many, many months. That is after they have identified the exact location and negotiated and signed a lease with the land owner.

The actual installation is the easy bit!

Things will happen, we just need some patience.

If you've ever tried to get planning approval or a decent sized electrical connection sorted in Australia it can take many, many months. That is after they have identified the exact location and negotiated and signed a lease with the land owner.

The actual installation is the easy bit!

Things will happen, we just need some patience.

Yes TesAus... I should add that I should not be taken too literally when I am speaking so 'tongue in cheek'. I think what Tesla is actually doing is so commendable. Only someone who 'cannot wait' would even attempt to ridicule it. And I'll tell you another interesting fact. My brother-in-law actually met Elon Musk in Germany. My brother-in-law works for Audi. Mr Musk arranged for a P85 to be looked at by the Audi team for when they got back to Australia! They thought the car was awesome, and what really blew their minds was that during the time that they had it, the car underwent an over-the-air software update and after that, it no longer rolled backwards on a hill start! To them, that was unbelievable. Anyway they talk about Elon Musk as a superhero and I can well see how that reputation is justified! It is not every company that is headed by a true genius.

So the moral of the story... all that Paul Hogan type humor about Australia is just for fun. Enough to grab a smirk off a lazy Aussie on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Not worth a pinch of salt really. And in only a couple of moons, my Tesla arrives and Australia will just keep getting more and more SuperChargers as time goes by - so here's to good times ahead! Live the dream man!