Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharged Podcast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Fans,

With a little attrition going on in the Tesla podcasting world, some friends and I thought we would like to take a turn at sharing some thoughts and keep the conversation going. With all the news swirling around Tesla in particular right now, this seems like a great time to be talking about things.

Join us at: Supercharged Podcast

You can also find us in iTunes or Apple Podcast app in your iPhone: Supercharged Podcast

Soon to be on TuneIn to search/listen from your actual Tesla!

Should any soon-to-be Model S/X owners want to take advantage, both of these referrals currently have the $500 credit towards accessories available till April 30, 2018 (our first referrals). Just flip a coin, or check to see if one or the other still have the $500 credit:
Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty (Ryan)
Unlimited Tesla Supercharging and Extended Solar Warranty (David)

Cheers,
David

Last edited:
Great to hear there's new interest!

I've been following one guy who has not waivered, Ride the Lightning by Ryan McCaffrey. There are others who have not waivered in their delivery, but he is notable, kept his weekly delivery consistent and hasn't burned himself out with trying to go over the top. Get in touch with him like so many other podcasters and YT have, there is a community of people that do this!

Like you I've observed that some of those people who benefitted from referrals, YT money and Patreon donations have slowed down or cut back since they have received their Model 3, or decided to get a Model X or S instead.

One friendly suggestion...find a new angle if you want to set yourself apart from your peers. Bjorn has an angle, Zack and Jesse come at it from a different angle. If you enjoy doing the podcasts, the listeners will come over time. It will probably seem like things start slow...given time you'll gain traction if you can set yourself apart and do something worth listening to, even while listening to all the others that I have been following for two years.

There's going to be room for everyone, and the dedicated, consistent podcasts will prevail. So much exciting news out there for the forseeable future. The Model 3 ramp, Model S/X upcoming refresh, Semi ramp and actual production of the Gen 2 Roadster are all on the horizon...not to mention the Solar Roof finally starting to get actual installations done.

I'll check it out and can't wait to listen. Thanks!

Reactions: ATC@LWSK
Listened to the first show. I enjoyed the dynamic group discussion. I'm looking forward to seeing your podcast evolve!

Recommend just going with an every-other-week schedule and sticking with it if you're thinking of doing this long term or will try to make money from it. Understand that a dozen or more other podcasters/YTers have covered a lot of the news you're going to talk about, so find a way to be different. Ben Sullins has found an angle that makes his channel interesting to listen to even after I've heard the commentary on all the "news."

If you do have a back log of regular podcasts done every other week, people who join in six months from now will have a consistent record of your performance.

I'm Ryan from the show. Just wanted to say hi.

I appreciate the input, glad to hear you enjoyed it! We'll be back at it this weekend for episode 2. I'm looking forward to doing something that's fun and informative for the listeners and us.

Everyone can check out Episode 2 here. In our second episode Ryan compares his experience with autopilot in airliners and Teslas, Angela shares a cool new app for charging, and David bores everyone to tears with EV purchase incentives including the new one in Oregon. Hope you enjoy!

One friendly suggestion...find a new angle if you want to set yourself apart from your peers. Bjorn has an angle, Zack and Jesse come at it from a different angle. If you enjoy doing the podcasts, the listeners will come over time. It will probably seem like things start slow...given time you'll gain traction if you can set yourself apart and do something worth listening to, even while listening to all the others that I have been following for two years.
Listened to the first show. I enjoyed the dynamic group discussion. I'm looking forward to seeing your podcast evolve!

FlyinLow, Thanks for taking the time to offer input and we appreciate you listening and coming back to provide feedback.

I think you'll see us average an every other week cadence, but it will vary based on variable work schedules of the group, not everyone has the same day off every two weeks.

As to the unique angle suggestion, we're hoping to offer a good group discussion dynamic, that we think is a bit more informal than many of the very great podcasts like Ride the Lighting podcast. We also have a rare participant in Tesla podcasts, a woman, and we're very thankful that Angela is joining us. We think that's another angle that brings in a valued and different perspective.

Cheers,
David

Reactions: FlyinLow
Excellent! Very informative second episode. Angela definitely balances out the team. At first I thought charge matching was going to be a dating app for EV users. LOL. Even better is a pay to plug in solution for people with residential chargers. With home charging being the preferred method to power an EV it would be very convenient if I could plug into an HPWC on the same street while visiting a family member or friend for a fee.