Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolla, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The unofficial Grand Opening of the Rolla Supercharger was yesterday. Pretty well attended with about 11 cars there and Chris Welch, an AO from Tesla, was in attendance. Answered some questions from locals, ate some good BBQ and got some photos. A very very welcome and needed addition to the I-44/Midwest corridor.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/efusco/albums/72157671533857033

30137729521_5c559c7a85_o.jpg

The unofficial Grand Opening of the Rolla Supercharger was yesterday. Pretty well attended with about 11 cars there and Chris Welch, an AO from Tesla, was in attendance. Answered some questions from locals, ate some good BBQ and got some photos. A very very welcome and needed addition to the I-44/Midwest corridor.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/efusco/albums/72157671533857033

View attachment 198131

It's a shame the RollaDailyNews wasn't able to include a picture of the vehicles. I guarantee you 99% of the population has no idea what a Tesla looks like.

• Love
Reactions: ronniemarlow3
I got a question toward the Tesla car owners that live in Missouri or traveled to Rolla Supercharger. My question is what is it like driving on autopilot on Missouri on the interstate road to Rolla and you're trip here? Ron thanks... Thanks for coming anyway to Rolls and being part of the Tesla family

...what is it like driving on autopilot on Missouri on the interstate road to Rolla...

I just drove this weekend from Tulsa to St. Louis and back. Autopilot worked perfectly the entire way. I charged to 100% at Rolla. I drove 55 from Rolla to Springfield and then 65 the rest of the way. I could have made it to the Catoosa Supercharger on a single charge, but I was ready for a break.I stopped at the Candlewood Suites in Joplin. They're happy to let you plug in even if you're not a guest.

Walked over to the McDonald's and back, drove 70-75 mph to Catoosa with the extra boost.

This is my review of this SpC location based on our recent trip:

Location - not the easiest place to find. It's about 5 minutes off I-44, and you have to drive through 2 roundabouts to get there. Its physically in the parking lot of the Bandana BBQ restaurant.

Charging rate - excellent. Followed the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - the only food / bathroom option within reasonable walking distance is the Bandana BBQ, which itself was a pretty good restaurant. But if you are passing through at odd hours and just need a quick charge and bathroom break, well, good luck.

Location - not the easiest place to find. It's about 5 minutes off I-44, and you have to drive through 2 roundabouts to get there. Its physically in the parking lot of the Bandana BBQ restaurant.

Charging rate - excellent. Followed the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - the only food / bathroom option within reasonable walking distance is the Bandana BBQ, which itself was a pretty good restaurant. But if you are passing through at odd hours and just need a quick charge and bathroom break, well, good luck.

Baymont Inn is a very short walk from the station, and they'll most likely let you use the bathroom in the lobby.

It's not that hard to find if you are traveling east. Just get off I-44, first right turn is the round-about that you are in for 0.5 seconds and grab the first right out of there. Head down to the Bandana's and it's to the left of the restaurant. It would be nice if there was a Tesla sign along the road for those who don't know it's at Bandana's. I just made the trip from Tulsa on autopilot for the poster who asked, and it was ok about 95% of the time. There are some sections that don't have lines yet and some crazy drivers that made me turn it off. Not a bad trip, though!

Baymont Inn is a very short walk from the station, and they'll most likely let you use the bathroom in the lobby.
Indeed, they do. I always ask and they've always been very accommodating and even once offered me free coffee as I was leaving.
There's also a nice trail around the small lake/pond behind the Baymont that's good for getting a little exercise while you charge.

It would be nice if there were more services a bit closer.

Charged here today and was charged by the kwh (23 cents/kwh). All of my past Supercharges in Missouri have been by the minute (granted, my last Supercharge in Missouri was nearly a year ago).

My understanding is they had to charge by the minute in states with restrictions on reselling electricity. Did Missouri change their law to allow Tesla to charge by the kwh?