Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger – Goodland, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
City of Goodland Electric did their part, to the meter ! Wanted: Contractors

Someone did their part getting the conduit from the power line to the transformer pad, either Goodland Electric or the contractor; at least there is no power line easement issue! When the contractor gets the Distribution Center in place, conduits from the transformer pad to the Distribution Center in, and the Transformer Pad poured, then Goodland Electric can set the transformer, pull the medium Voltage wires from the power line to the Transformer, pull the 480-Volt wires from the transformer to the Distribution Center, install the meter on the Distribution Center, and connect it all up.

I want to see another 3-week install!!!

Who knows if the Ritzville crew heads to Limon, and this crew gets going, maybe they will just leapfrog each other from Denver heading east! Limon, Goodland, Hays, Salina, Topeka, ... If they really can do 3-weeks per site, that would be very nice!

Someone did their part getting the conduit from the power line to the transformer pad, either Goodland Electric or the contractor; at least there is no power line easement issue! When the contractor gets the Distribution Center in place, conduits from the transformer pad to the Distribution Center in, and the Transformer Pad poured, then Goodland Electric can set the transformer, pull the medium Voltage wires from the power line to the Transformer, pull the 480-Volt wires from the transformer to the Distribution Center, install the meter on the Distribution Center, and connect it all up.

I want to see another 3-week install!!!

Who knows if the Ritzville crew heads to Limon, and this crew gets going, maybe they will just leapfrog each other from Denver heading east! Limon, Goodland, Hays, Salina, Topeka, ... If they really can do 3-weeks per site, that would be very nice!

To hit the 200 new locations this year they're going to need to get a move on (yes I know there are multiple crews in multiple places, even countries, but we still have a long ways to go!)

Here is a picture of the unchanged power run from this morning... According to the Hotel staff construction is going to start on Monday.

image.jpeg

You can't see it in the cropping from the photo I posted on May 14, but the flags and surrounding paint are new. That means they've had "Kansas One-Call" out there within the last week to mark underground items. Sounds right for starting construction in earnest on Monday.

Ah, if Goodland, KS is powered up, Coloradoans could actually make it to the ribbon cutting at Hays, KS.

Thought about it, but...

199 miles Lone Tree to Goodland on the highway and about 1,500 ft vertical (+9 rated miles) with a prevailing wind pushing you east, should be easy with a little care. The other way is -9 rated miles of vertical, but if you take the back way "2731 Commerce Rd, Goodland, KS 67735 to Park Meadows", it is only 187 miles at a slower speed. Unless the winds are howling out of the west, this should be straight forward with a little care. Still, more than 133 miles between Superchargers really increases the time charging by a lot. On top of that, Lone Tree to Hays is 341 miles and 4:42 driving time according to Google Maps. Add a near 100% charge in Goodland on the way home, and it would be a LONG day...

There is more to come right behind the current supercharging location here in Goodland Kansas. A restaurant will be built within the next year or so. Keep an eye on this location when you pass through. Take pictures of this new construction. Soon we will not only have a great place to spend the night, but we will also have a great restaurant right next door for dinning when our visits are a little shorter or we are just passing through.

There is more to come right behind the current supercharging location here in Goodland Kansas. A restaurant will be built within the next year or so. Keep an eye on this location when you pass through. Take pictures of this new construction. Soon we will not only have a great place to spend the night, but we will also have a great restaurant right next door for dinning when our visits are a little shorter or we are just passing through.

Thanks. That would be great. Because last month in Goodland it was Sonic burger to go, and waiting in the hotel lobby. Nice folks there.

Has anyone made the trip from Goodland, KS to Denver, CO Airport supercharger? Or would I need to stop at Limon? It says 183 Miles. Taking a trip from Chicago, so unsure about the elevation for that route. Any help would be much appreciated.

Model S 85

Has anyone made the trip from Goodland, KS to Denver, CO Airport supercharger? Or would I need to stop at Limon? It says 183 Miles. Taking a trip from Chicago, so unsure about the elevation for that route. Any help would be much appreciated.

Model S 85

I stopped at Goodland, Limon, and Denver. It's somewhat quicker to charge at each rather than do one long charger because of the charging taper. Spent the night at Goodland and then Cheyenne.

BTW, the Nav system wants to route you on the toll road from the Denver airport. Instead, just keep on 70 to 25. It's also very easy when going west to drive into the airport rather than avoiding it. Took us about an hour an a half to make it out and then side roads to 25. Heading back there's no problem (other than avoiding that toll road).