Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Auburn Hills, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe construction begins this week.

Joel, I see that this location isn't yet on supercharge.info, even as a blue "permit" dot. Just a matter of time?

And to add another "me too" to the conversation, I'm happy about this one because it's in a great general area for me; now I can reach some family on Lake St. Clair and make it home without a problem, even in the dead of winter.

Capture.PNG

I'm going to assume after construction here is done the same crew will work on St. Clair Shores. Though I'm not sure that there's even a great parking lot location in that city. Seems like Tesla was just aiming for the 696-94 interchange.
The location that makes the most sense would be the Meijer at 13 Mile and Little Mack. Although it's technically in Roseville, it's right on the border of St. Clair Shores so maybe that's what they were thinking.

Auburn Hills, MI

Along Primary Interstates: I-75
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-24
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-75:
To: Bay City, MI - 82 miles
Diversion: 10.4 miles*/1.2 miles
To: Sault Ste. Marie, MI @Canada - 312 miles

Neighbors:
Port Huron, MI (I-75,MI-59,u,MI-59,u,MI-59,I-94): 63.0 miles
Comber, ON, Canada (I-75,u,ON-401,ON-77): 67.7 miles
Toledo, OH (I-75,I-75BL,u,I-696,I-275,I-75,OH-184): 85.4 miles
Ann Arbor, MI (I-75,I-75BL,u,I-696,I-275,MI-14,US-23,I-94): 60.5 miles
Lansing, MI (I-75,I-69,US-127): 82.5 miles
Sheboygan, WI (I-75,I-69,I-96,u,MIWI-F-MM**,u,I-794,I-43,WI-23): 325 miles
Wausau, WI (I-75,I-69,I-96,u,MIWI-F-MM**,u,I-794,I-94,I-41,US-45,US-10,I-39,US-51): 455 miles
Wausau - Hilton Garden Inn, WI (I-75,I-69,I-96,u,MIWI-F-MM*,u,I-794,I-94,I-41,US-45,US-10,I-39,US-51): 454 miles
Bay City, MI (I-75) : 82.0 miles

* Fastest route from Toledo, OH to Bay City, MI is I-75,I-275,I-96,US-23,I-75, which cuts off 10.4 miles and 18 minutes.

** Muskegon-Milwaukee Ferry

Data from Supercharge.info, mapping from Google maps and Supercharge.info

I noticed the permit on supercharge.info yesterday. That's the one supercharger I'm most excited about. Not that I have any intention to use it, but it would be the closest to home and in the same city as my brother.

My brother has a Model 3 reservation and lives in an apartment complex near OU that refuses to install charging, so he's been waiting for that supercharger. He was kind of hoping/expecting it to be just west of the diverging diamond interchange, like maybe Crowne Plaza.

I'll talk with him about it soon and find out if he'd be checking on the progress.

Nothing to report . Only equipment was for a large AC installation with crane. Being watched carefully by a security guard. Flags or survey marks were from previous repaving of parking lot a number of weeks ago.

I will check it once a week till I can chat with someone.

Is it in the parking lot between Meijer and Target? The middle section of that lot would be perfect as it is never full.

I didn't see any evidence of an installation or planning this weekend. There were some orange flags in the ground marking the route of some kind of underground utility on the south side of the parking lot near the tire store, but I don't know if this is significant. It's difficult to determine where the installation might be since it's a pretty busy parking lot with many out buildings surrounding it.