Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Auburn Hills, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There I'll be the first to post the "wishful thinking" shot... The charger stalls look all complete now and the grading behind them is vastly improved. Still an odd wire or two poking out of the ground though.
upload_2017-11-16_19-28-40.png

Significant changes over here. The charger cabinets are complete and the fence is up. (Yes, the gate was already open)
upload_2017-11-16_19-31-9.png

A common theme at all the local SC's under construction---no transformer.
upload_2017-11-16_19-32-11.png

But this is encouraging...!
upload_2017-11-16_19-32-43.png

Just joined today and this is my first post, so be gentle. I was here on Tuesday and one of the workers came over to talk for a few minutes. He said they were making nice progress but that DTE can take several weeks to finalize everything after their work is done. This may disappoint some of you, but he said that Meijer will not allow any work to be done at any of the superchargers under construction during the holidays because they want maximum parking available. Not sure if that means after Thanksgiving. He said not to expect this one or any others at Meijer to be complete until sometime after January 1st. I hope he's wrong but just passing along what he said.

• Informative
Reactions: tomsModelS
Well I am just scratching Meijer from my Black Friday shopping list. It was at the top before.:D We will see in the next week or so. Looks like some just need the final drop in from power company. This could be why they went all up so quickly lately around Meijer. Now the pause...

Welcome Jimmy and by all means Tesla, go really fast!

Yeah, it's definitely approved. I believe the order of things that have to be completed before they open them (talking about all the ones in the Detroit area that are under construction) are as follows:
  • City inspection of the contractors work gets approved
  • Power company (DTE, Consumers, or whoever) comes out and installs the transformer
  • Meter gets installed (this can happen quickly after the transformer or take weeks...or months---see Austin, TX)
  • Tesla comes out and adds numbers to each stall and does a final validaiton
  • Site goes live and can be used to charge
  • Site shows up on the Tesla website and in the car
So...we still don't know for sure when any of these will be open (this year or next). But we're close on just about all of them at this point.

Another shot of the fire behind the supercharger. [source]
upload_2017-11-21_14-6-38.png

My brother (Model 3 reservation holder) lives about 4 miles from there and this kept him from going to sleep because of the noise and lit up sky. We weren't sure how close the fire was to the supercharger until we saw it in the live video. Initial reports were saying the fire was at the Meijer gas station. Fortunately, it was in a relatively empty construction yard on the other side of Brown Rd, nobody hurt and apparently no major surface structure damage.

• Informative
Reactions: StapleGun
@kmistry1986
Thanks for the recommendation. We lived in Avon Lake for about 10 years before moving back home to Michigan so we're very familiar with the area. Salmon Dave's in Rocky River is a favorite and we're planning on having dinner there.

We may meet some friends downtown after picking up the car so we'll keep Barrio in mind. I don't remember this place from our time there and we're always up for a good taco.

I believe its been around for maybe five or six years. They have one downtown and in Tremont and a few other places.

We haven't had Salmon Dave's but we live right around there so my wife and I will have to try it sometime. Enjoy the car!

I believe its been around for maybe five or six years. They have one downtown and in Tremont and a few other places.

We haven't had Salmon Dave's but we live right around there so my wife and I will have to try it sometime. Enjoy the car!

We didn't get the chance to check out Barrio as we met some friends closer to the Tesla store in Lyndhurst. Can't recommend Salmon Dave's highly enough - great food, great service. They're pretty busy at peak times. We'd played around enough on Saturday that we were running a bit later than we wanted and called to see if we could push our reservation back, without success. We still had a wonderful dinner, as always.

As for the car, WOW! What a great driving experience. We love it.

Reactions: kmistry1986
Transformer confirmed, Still no meter

Kudos to Tesla for placing a Supercharger smack dab in the middle of Automation Alley

Attachments

• 8023A558-8472-4D4B-8842-F1B0578EC2FE.jpeg
    8023A558-8472-4D4B-8842-F1B0578EC2FE.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 71
  • D3E7D321-EAC7-4F1C-87E9-CFD2A342DFE0.jpeg
    D3E7D321-EAC7-4F1C-87E9-CFD2A342DFE0.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 12EF0FD9-52FA-4820-ABCA-B730FD221666.jpeg
    12EF0FD9-52FA-4820-ABCA-B730FD221666.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 9D587FFD-6FF1-4D78-97DF-2D00C3BFBCE0.jpeg
    9D587FFD-6FF1-4D78-97DF-2D00C3BFBCE0.jpeg
    628.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Informative
Reactions: Acps110
Checked this out again today after a Costco trip - doesn't look like anything has changed. Bummer, because we were in our Tesla too. Every other time I've gone by to check it out I wouldn't have been able to charge had it appeared to have been functional. There's just not a suitable receptacle in my Explorer...

Reactions: Sambas