Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Auburn Hills, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a couple pics

Attachments

• 20171007_134937.jpg
    20171007_134937.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 179
  • 20171007_134832.jpg
    20171007_134832.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 172
Yes, near, not next to. If Great Lakes Crossing, which has the only Bass Pro Shop in Michigan, is a destination with a wide draw then the super charger is convenient for a day trip recharge. It's convenient to have superchargers near tourist draw locations even if it's not in a "park-and-shop" location. Level 2 chargers would align more with that thought.

Yes, near, not next to. If Great Lakes Crossing, which has the only Bass Pro Shop in Michigan, is a destination with a wide draw then the super charger is convenient for a day trip recharge. It's convenient to have superchargers near tourist draw locations even if it's not in a "park-and-shop" location. Level 2 chargers would align more with that thought.

Or drop the family off at the mall then charge while taking a nap :)

Reactions: Electric Joe
The location of the Supercharger is on the north side of the parking lot, just south of Brown Road in the large parking lot island. Pretty good location for long distance travel on I-75 since it's near Great Lakes Crossing, and close to a few restaurants.
The exact location is slightly different as you can see in my attached map. It is a much smaller area so I wonder if we are going have less than 8 unites!

Attachments

• 49CA42A5-C7C6-4D39-88FE-BC36CA4856B9.jpeg
    49CA42A5-C7C6-4D39-88FE-BC36CA4856B9.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 83
The exact location is slightly different as you can see in my attached map. It is a much smaller area so I wonder if we are going have less than 8 unites!

Are you sure about that? If you look at the pictures in my post, you can see the large trees that are planted in the parking lot island in the section that I highlighted. Also, I took a screen shot of my phone location on Google maps when I took the picture with the intent on using it to post about the location. It shows parked closer to the island that I marked.

Screenshot_20171015-130656.png

If you go back to the photo posted by @jdistelrarh, it shows the electrician’s trailer parked in a 7 space area adjacent to the brick trash dumpster enclosure for the Meijer gas station. (I checked google maps to verify what the brick enclosure is). That is where Sambas saw some action.

Also, that image shows a solid yellow line that is a road divider for 2-way traffic.

In the later photo posted by Dazureus, it shows a backhoe on a rainy day in a 10 space area with a new cement curb. It’s unlikely that the additional spaces would have the lines painted at this point of the construction, so it is probable that electrical lines had to be run from the area near the gas station to the area where dazureus shot the backhoe.

Pure speculation of course.

Last edited: