Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Baker City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting a little nervous/curious about this. Since it went live on Thursday, I have been checking, and I still see that as of this morning on Monday, it's still not listed on the Supercharger list in the car or on Tesla's website.

I'm getting a little nervous/curious about this. Since it went live on Thursday, I have been checking, and I still see that as of this morning on Monday, it's still not listed on the Supercharger list in the car or on Tesla's website.

Mountain View SC (Bay Area) was the same way for us. It took about 1-2 days for it to show up on the website's app and in our cars. That one might have been expedited though because of the annual shareholders meeting.

- K

I just got a reply from Tesla to my question about getting it updated as live:

----------------------------
Thank you for your email. The station was not officially opened to the public until today, which is why it was not posted in any of our digital platforms. Our website and the onboard navigation will be updated in the next 24 hours to reflect today’s opening date.

There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

So it wasn't "officially" open yet--whatever that means.

The supercharger map on Teslamotors.com has been updated now.

I just got a reply from Tesla to my question about getting it updated as live:

Thank you for your email. The station was not officially opened to the public until today, which is why it was not posted in any of our digital platforms. Our website and the onboard navigation will be updated in the next 24 hours to reflect today’s opening date.

There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

So it wasn't "officially" open yet--whatever that means.

Charging at the Stage Stop

Nice day for a drive, and I am very glad not to have to conserve. Ran the AC all the way here. Eastern Oregon was up to 102 before I got to Ontario.
FullSizeRender-6.jpg

I have called twice to see if there is going to have a grand opening and never got a return call.

Grand Openings are usually done for the benefit of the host site. If the host not interested, then Tesla usually is not interested either. I would check with the manager of the Best Western. If they are not planning a grand opening, then it most likely will not happen.

Enjoy the Supercharger!

We just got back last night from a trip to Portland. We used the Baker City, Pendleton, and The Dalles Superchargers. Interesting thing with Baker City, when we came back last night, they had orange traffic cones in front of the Supercharger stalls, when they were not there on the evening of the 8th when we went out there. That was pretty cool. They have plenty of parking, and we didn't find any of the spots ICEd on the way out there anyway, but they could desperately use cones like that at The Dalles. We had an almost panic attack on the way there when we got to The Dalles one and we saw this line of trucks parked in the Supercharger spots. When we got a little closer, we did find that two of the five spots were open. There is not a lot of parking there, and it's a hotel, so people just park in those spots for the night.

Friday morning I flew out to Seattle to pick up my new S and Baker City was my fourth and last stop on the way home. When I arrived there were no other cars charging nor did I see anyone grab electrons while I was there. Charge rate was quickly throttled and after noticing I moved stalls. Charge rate was also quickly throttled there. I gave up and just let it be.

Attachments

• IMG_20170825_204514.jpg
    IMG_20170825_204514.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 74
Any updates on the status of this charger? I am driving through on a road trip beginning Thursday and my car is currently showing it as out of service.
I've looked on PlugShare which has someone from Yesterday saying "“SUPERCHARGER OUT OF SERVICE!! Go to: A Frame RV park (42534 N Cedar Rd, Baker). They charge $10/use (50 amp, Nema 14/50).” and I checked Twitter with no comments. I even asked on the Portland Tesla Owners FB page and got no replies.
Hope you can make it on your trip!

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian