TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger — Baker City, OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BlueShift, May 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

***happy dance***

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I'm getting a little nervous/curious about this. Since it went live on Thursday, I have been checking, and I still see that as of this morning on Monday, it's still not listed on the Supercharger list in the car or on Tesla's website.

3. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Mountain View SC (Bay Area) was the same way for us. It took about 1-2 days for it to show up on the website's app and in our cars. That one might have been expedited though because of the annual shareholders meeting.

- K

4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

This is a bit strange since it was reported that someone charged there last Thursday. Almost a week now. Maybe the web team is a bit overwhelmed and just hasn't got to it yet?

5. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

Yeah, since it has been 6 days, I just sent a message through the contact form on Tesla's website asking them to update it.

6. Rancher

Rancher Member

Yes, it is interesting that the map/car SC list haven't been updated yet, but my wife and I have charged there 3 times in past week or so. I can post a pic for anyone curious ;-)

7. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I just got a reply from Tesla to my question about getting it updated as live:

----------------------------
    Thank you for your email. The station was not officially opened to the public until today, which is why it was not posted in any of our digital platforms. Our website and the onboard navigation will be updated in the next 24 hours to reflect today’s opening date.

There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,
    The Tesla Supercharger Team
    ----------------------------

So it wasn't "officially" open yet--whatever that means.

8. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Great News

I will be checking this out tomorrow on my way to the City of Trees.

This will be my third trip to Boise in a Model S. And the first time, I am not spending the night in Baker City.

Thank you SuperCharger Team. You are awesome.

9. webbbcam

webbbcam not-so-junior member

The supercharger map on Teslamotors.com has been updated now.

10. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Charging at the Stage Stop

Nice day for a drive, and I am very glad not to have to conserve. Ran the AC all the way here. Eastern Oregon was up to 102 before I got to Ontario.
    FullSizeRender-6.jpg

11. yagerd

yagerd Member

I have called twice to see if there is going to have a grand opening and never got a return call.

12. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Grand Openings are usually done for the benefit of the host site. If the host not interested, then Tesla usually is not interested either. I would check with the manager of the Best Western. If they are not planning a grand opening, then it most likely will not happen.

Enjoy the Supercharger!

13. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

We just got back last night from a trip to Portland. We used the Baker City, Pendleton, and The Dalles Superchargers. Interesting thing with Baker City, when we came back last night, they had orange traffic cones in front of the Supercharger stalls, when they were not there on the evening of the 8th when we went out there. That was pretty cool. They have plenty of parking, and we didn't find any of the spots ICEd on the way out there anyway, but they could desperately use cones like that at The Dalles. We had an almost panic attack on the way there when we got to The Dalles one and we saw this line of trucks parked in the Supercharger spots. When we got a little closer, we did find that two of the five spots were open. There is not a lot of parking there, and it's a hotel, so people just park in those spots for the night.

14. vinnie97

vinnie97 #WalkAway

This is not the first time I've heard of ICE'd superchargers at hotels. It's certainly been a downside for the reason that you state.

15. Irish Dan T

Irish Dan T Member

Here are the cones Rocky_H mentioned. It is a crowded busy parking lot. No need to move the cones, just back in between them. A great way to keep the Supercharger from being ICEd

2015-07-14 at 12-07-00.jpg

16. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

7 of 8 full Saturday afternoon before the Eclipse. Very cool!

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  17. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

IMG_0382.JPG
    Eclipse day 7am, 10 Tesla's. Holding the ICEr's at bay.

• Like x 1
  18. chargeshare

chargeshare Member

Friday morning I flew out to Seattle to pick up my new S and Baker City was my fourth and last stop on the way home. When I arrived there were no other cars charging nor did I see anyone grab electrons while I was there. Charge rate was quickly throttled and after noticing I moved stalls. Charge rate was also quickly throttled there. I gave up and just let it be.

Attached Files: