Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cottonwood

Roadster#433, Model S#S37
Feb 27, 2009
Colorado
A reliable source has indicated that the Gap Supercharger location between Denver and Trinidad will be in Colorado Springs. Keep an eye out for permits in Colorado Springs or nearby towns!

This will complete the southern route out of Colorado nicely...

I was a little surprised because on the Tesla 2015 Map, it looked like this gap was going to be filled by Pueblo, but The Springs will work just as well.

Last edited:
I just submitted these to the SC suggestion site:

DoubleTree Hilton, 1775 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906

Cheyenne Mountain Mall, 1670 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
(or movie theater, Hampton Inn, or LaQuinta right nearby)

University Village Colorado, 5246 N Nevada Ave, Colorado Springs, CO

A reliable source has indicated that the Gap Supercharger location between Denver and Trinidad will be in Colorado Springs. Keep an eye out for permits in Colorado Springs or nearby towns!

This will complete the southern route out of Colorado nicely...

I was a little surprised because on the Tesla 2015 Map, it looked like this gap was going to be filled by Pueblo, but The Springs will work just as well.
Pueblo provides better spacing on I-25 from Trinidad or Denver, but I'd guess there's more traffic coming down from Denver and turning west or southwest than there's likely to be coming up from ABQ and turning west at Pueblo. Ultimately, you want SCs at both locations plus Walsenburg, and also complete U.S. 50 and 160 to Montrose and Cortez respectively.

I found something interesting when searching for building permits: plan #C85247 submitted on October 14th for "CHARGING STATION AND EQUIPMENT CABINETS" at 215 North Cascade Avenue (which appears to be a parking structure) in Colorado Springs.

Nice find. On 10/22 electrical reviewer Shelby commented: "2. Provide NRTL specification for ' super charger'." That's pretty convincing.

I found something interesting when searching for building permits: plan #C85247 submitted on October 14th for "CHARGING STATION AND EQUIPMENT CABINETS" at 215 North Cascade Avenue (which appears to be a parking structure) in Colorado Springs.

That's a city-owned parking structure downtown. It requires payment to access. That's not typical of SC locations, right? There is a more-or-less empty lot on the corner of Cascade and Platte (229 N. Cascade), but there's no good place to put in a bunch of SC stalls in this parking garage.

My understanding is that this parking garage already has some L2 chargers in it. (Since I live in Colorado Springs, I have never had a need for charging in town except at home.) Maybe they're adding more? Weird that they'd have "super charger" in the permit history if it wasn't, but I don't see how this is going to work.

There are several supercharger stations in parking garages requiring payment including if I remember correctly: Duluth MN, Savannah GA, and Normal IL.

In Europe, I think I've seen Bjorn visit Superchargers in parking lots or garages which required payment. IIRC, he was able to get the parking validated or if the booth was staffed, they would see it was a Tesla and it would be free if it was for less than 2 (?) hours.

Do any of the 'pay' lots in the US allow Tesla owners to skip paying?

Well, It's official. I wrote to the Colorado Springs City Parking Administrator. Here is what he replied:

"Yes, we have been in negotiations with Tesla to install a supercharger in the City Parking Garage located at 215 North Cascade. We are just a signature away from having the license agreement signed after which Tesla can begin their installation project. I am not sure what their time line is."

So there you have it. Since I am a local, I will stay on top of this supercharger install. When construction starts, I will post photos and keep everyone appraised of the progress of this exciting addition to our city. Mac

Well, It's official. I wrote to the Colorado Springs City Parking Administrator. Here is what he replied:

"Yes, we have been in negotiations with Tesla to install a supercharger in the City Parking Garage located at 215 North Cascade. We are just a signature away from having the license agreement signed after which Tesla can begin their installation project. I am not sure what their time line is."

So there you have it. Since I am a local, I will stay on top of this supercharger install. When construction starts, I will post photos and keep everyone appraised of the progress of this exciting addition to our city. Mac

Thanks Mac! You are the best! Excellent follow up! I am so excited for a supercharger here in town!