Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for keeping an eye out in the Springs.

I wouldn't give too much credibility to the "Coming Soon" map as we've recently seen four new sites show up in the Denver metro area that were not on the map. We also found another site but I'm waiting for equipment to be delivered or for digging to begin before starting a thread on that location. I have heard rumors of another four or five other sites elsewhere in Colorado and none of them are on the map yet either.

Man, that's a bummer. What reasoning would they have for not updating the map? I'm glad they're actually expanding but we need more superchargers to get to Telluride, Durango, and the Sand Dunes. More urban SCs only help those that have no home charging available.

Looks like it is still available as of yesterday, based on a comment on PlugShare. But, the ramp entry fee is now $3. If you go after hours, simply drive in through the open “out” gate. (Carefully, of course)
The main gate doesn’t seem to accept credit cards or cash. We lifted the gate up manually and someone else told us the gate off the alley in the back is just open, so easier to get in. This supercharger is annoying!

Reactions: CO_MY
Yeah monument is great, except we were at 3% and car said we would not make it. Not sure I want to live life that dangerously!

More options will be awesome. Why don’t they plan a Pueblo charger?
There was some talk recently that a new Culver's would be going in down in Pueblo and that Tesla was interested in building a Supercharger there.
Pueblo Supercharger.jpg

I charged here yesterday evening. I did not have to share the charging stalls with any homeless guys this time! (Not so a year ago)
The gates at this ramp have been upgraded, both in and out gates and pay station, plus the rear gates. You cannot just drive in the rear entrance, or the “out” lane anymore. Only $1 but seems to require a credit card to pay on exit. Entry ticket and payment did work smooth, quick, and easy, so $1 is not too bad. Even better, I did see a security guy walking around (after hours on a Sunday).

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I charged here yesterday evening. I did not have to share the charging stalls with any homeless guys this time! (Not so a year ago)
The gates at this ramp have been upgraded, both in and out gates and pay station, plus the rear gates. You cannot just drive in the rear entrance, or the “out” lane anymore. Only $1 but seems to require a credit card to pay on exit. Entry ticket and payment did work smooth, quick, and easy, so $1 is not too bad. Even better, I did see a security guy walking around (after hours on a Sunday).
Dollar or not I’d still rather drive 5 slower and stretch to Monument SC at the Kum n Go.

Reactions: Ferengii
Anyone heard any rumors about upgrading this location? This location is fairly crowded so 250 kw chargers would keep the cars moving…
An upgrade to the old site is not likely. But, the charger planned on the north side of town (at Chuy’s) will help. But, we really need a new one on the south side of town too. I used the EA site in the Stratmoor area a couple months ago, and that worked ok, but a supercharger there would be great. (The EA site was half broken and being used by Walmart vans) :(
However, the new Pueblo site worked great, especially if you are coming down the hill from Woodland Park and don’t want to go into downtown CO Springs to top off. Nice place to walk around there at the riverwalk in Pueblo.