Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@mscott: did Wendy's push the snow over to the charging stations? Were you able to get to the chargers?
Whoever plowed the parking lot there pushed the snow into the SCs. I was able to charge and one other driver was able to somehow snake diagonally into another spot while we were there. But that was the limit at that time. I suspect a day or two earlier they were probably all inaccessible.

The other driver said she called Tesla, although the snow hadn't been cleared on our way back through a few days later. (It had mostly melted on its own, so it wasn't nearly as bad.)

I doubt there was anybody who could do anything about this (or probably even cared) at the Wendy's/gas station. I wondered if it was intentional, as there were no other piles of snow anywhere else, and it's a pretty good sized parking area. It could simply have been the most expedient place to push the snow, I suppose. This was probably also one of the first snows at this SC (it went live this past summer), so they might not have realized what they were doing.

At least they didn't push the snow into the charger units and break them.

If you frequent that charger, stop by at Wendy's/gas station and ask WHO does the plowing. Give them a call and tell them to NOT cover/block the charging stalls. Let's organize a rally and have 500 Teslas all park at the Wendy's drive-through and spots, but not buy anything until the manager is brought outside and made to eat snow...

I just scoped out the businesses near the COS Supercharger, and found them to be compatible with the Tesla owners I know...

IMG_9040 [5739085].JPG

Colorado Springs Supercharger

I was reviewing the supercharger map on Tesla's website and comparing the current map versus the 2016 map and noticed that the Colorado Springs Supercharger is not on the 2016 map. Is it planned to be closed? After the Pueblo Supercharger opens? I've done some searches and could find much.

c9iPF6k.jpg

I was reviewing the supercharger map on Tesla's website and comparing the current map versus the 2016 map and noticed that the Colorado Springs Supercharger is not on the 2016 map. Seems odd if it just recently opened?

c9iPF6k.jpg
It had been messed up on the 2016 map for several months. If you toggle back and forth you can see it changes between Colorado Springs and Pueblo.

I was initially thinking there would be one in Pueblo also, but now I'm thinking the 2016 map is just incorrect.

I agree.

While more Superchargers are always nice, at 131 miles from COS to TAD, I-25 seems to be well covered on this stretch. I'd rather see Tesla use their resources in other places.

For us Coloradans, Salida, the Cross-Roads of the Rockies would be a nice site...