Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, well, well. Surprised to see Electrek publish my photo on their site this morning. Not very cool, to do so without at least asking for permission first.

View attachment 187475

UPDATE: Electrek has removed the image.
Im curious as to how this resolves. I was at this SC twice last month and the Go Puck car was there both times... like it was in the photos. Again, thankfully its not a busy SC, but I mean come on.

Credit Card machine not working at garage today so bring cash $1
MVIMG_20180513_120043.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarkoC and PStewart
I've only been there twice. I thought the immediate area was a little sketchy. I plugged in, went for a little walk to the retail area a few blocks away, and when I came back, there was a homeless guy peeing in the bushes right outside the parking garage. :eek:

From Facebook, a notice has been placed on the chargers from "SP+ Parking Management" dated Dec 4th, 2019 that states:
Effective January 1st 2020, the Tesla charging stations will be closed until further notice.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
Please contact our office for any further questions or concerns
719-385-5685

You beat me to it. I snapped the below photo a few hours ago. I don't like the fact that there is no end date or explanation. This will make I25 driving more challenging, especially for us small battery folks.

IMG_20191205_135036642.jpg

Edit: I just spoke to the city rep at the posted number. She said the issue is a contractual violation between Tesla and Colorado Springs and they were ready to shut down the Superchargers immediately, but wanted to give owners a chance to make alternate arrangements (doesn't help the many folks just passing through, of course).
She also said that Tesla is in contact with the city parking administration and trying to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and sdoorex
I'm guessing they are just putting the heat on Tesla and this will get resolved behind the scenes.

Would be an embarrassingly large gap from Lone Tree to Trinidad. I guess they could hurry and build a new one in CO Springs or Walsenburg, but 4 weeks isn't much time, especially with the holidays.

There are some nice Tesla destination chargers in Colorado Springs that can be found on PlugShare. A little bit off the interstate, but nice for a quicker charge than a J1772 level 2. The options are really thin south of C-Springs, even in Pueblo. Pueblo has some city level 2 chargers that are good for an emergency backup, but that's about it.

Signs on the supercharger aren't a good way to tell non-locals that the system is shutting down. Especially during the Holidays. They need to notify more people.
Those signs weren't put up by Tesla, they were put up by the local city. What else do you expect them to do to notify non-local Tesla drivers? Delaying the forced shut-down until after the end of the month and putting up signs to provide some warning is already showing massive consideration on their part. It's Tesla's responsibility to inform their customers, not the city's. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Reactions: KJD and sdoorex
Sorry, I'd assume everyone would think "they" was Tesla in my post, since it's definitely not the city's job to notify anyone.

If Colorado Springs can't notify me when they close the street in front of my house; I for sure doubt they care about Tesla. It's Tesla's job to notify customers, not the parking garage.

Reactions: mociaf9
I'm hoping this ends up like the situation with the Beaver Utah SC this past summer. Tesla wasn't paying the contractual fees. When the business owner shut down the chargers, it got Tesla's attention, and the payment quickly showed up.
I'm encouraged to hear that Tesla and C-Springs are already talking before the SC is shut down.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf