Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you're the only one in town with a supercharger, you're the one holding all the cards. Tesla needs the garage more than the garage needs Tesla. The garage makes money whether or not the chargers are on.
Colorado Springs is a large city and this supercharger location has never been ideal. Certainly they can come up with a better option.

It appears to be resolved at this point. Can someone please confirm the below?

Per PlugShare user Stephen, on December 10th: "Update on the signage. I talked to a city employee. He stated that Tesla was not responding to the city’s requests to renew the contract for the spaces. They put the signs up and very quickly Tesla responded. He said there should be no issues."

• Informative
Reactions: MarkoC and mociaf9
Recently charged here: parking was free for up to an hour when charging...And believe me, you need an hour if you’re coming in light on juice.

Plugged in at 30% and never went past 60kWh, tried different stalls and eventually gave up and pulled up a DirtyTesla video to watch while we trickled up to 80% needed for Trinidad.

Recently charged here: parking was free for up to an hour when charging...And believe me, you need an hour if you’re coming in light on juice.

Plugged in at 30% and never went past 60kWh, tried different stalls and eventually gave up and pulled up a DirtyTesla video to watch while we trickled up to 80% needed for Trinidad.

Did you pre-condition? Those are 150kW V2’s so they’ll share power but didn’t it just snow in the Springs? Being so cold and 30% SoC, 60kW sounds about right.

Next time, plug in then go get some really good pizza around the corner at Bambino’s. It’s like Mod or Blaze pizza but local family owned

Yes. Started preconditioning just before the mall between Monument and downtown Springs.

Odd, Monument to the SC is about 20miles but it was balls cold it looks like. Hopefully it’s faster on your way back through!

Did you notice a price jump since we’re now charged for the power going towards HVAC and everything else?

Attachments

• 81414FA6-1E91-4AB6-9437-BBA34BDA106A.jpeg
    81414FA6-1E91-4AB6-9437-BBA34BDA106A.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 74
It would be awesome if they could put up a set near Great Wolf Lodge (or the area near there)

right next to I-25 and a pretty good location too. Plus no charged parking garage.
I was looking on the map at that location a few weeks back. There's a Kum & Go nearby and Tesla has teamed up with them in Colorado. Maybe you can stop by, scope things out and report back? ;)

It would be awesome if they could put up a set near Great Wolf Lodge (or the area near there)

right next to I-25 and a pretty good location too. Plus no charged parking garage.

I'm ok with paying $1. (free during the workweek) I think it keeps people with FUSC from opportunity charging. Always an open stall here. Not so much at the SC @ Park Meadows

I agree...great Wolf Lodge would be a good spot. I frequently use the Tesla destination charger at the bank there while I watch a movie using the Regal Unlimited movie pass. I also opened an investment account with the bank as a sign of appreciation for putting one in.

I'm ok with paying $1. (free during the workweek) I think it keeps people with FUSC from opportunity charging. Always an open stall here. Not so much at the SC @ Park Meadows

I agree...great Wolf Lodge would be a good spot. I frequently use the Tesla destination charger at the bank there while I watch a movie using the Regal Unlimited movie pass. I also opened an investment account with the bank as a sign of appreciation for putting one in.
It may be right off 25 but it’s kind of a chore to get into as it’s practically right off downtown.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
It may be right off 25 but it’s kind of a chore to get into as it’s practically right off downtown.
Oh, I definitely agree that the location is one of the worst, if not the worst, I've ever been too. Luckily it's not a charger I use unless I'm visiting downtown for lunch. I don't need to use this one for road trips, but I can imagine how frustrated I would be if I didn't know it was in an enclosed garage that used to only accept $1 bills. WHO HAS $1 BILLS?!?!

• Disagree
Reactions: PLUS EV
Oh, I definitely agree that the location is one of the worst, if not the worst, I've ever been too. Luckily it's not a charger I use unless I'm visiting downtown for lunch. I don't need to use this one for road trips, but I can imagine how frustrated I would be if I didn't know it was in an enclosed garage that used to only accept $1 bills. WHO HAS $1 BILLS?!?!

I beg to differ, St. George, Utah is a pain and forever away from the highway.

I’ve moved out of town but the garage used to take card. Who charges for more than an hour though?

The CO Springs SC is not ideal, but not too bad... There are lots of worse SC locations; I have been to at least a half dozen others that I REALLY don’t want to have to go to again. (But I will because I have to) :(

I was looking on the map at that location a few weeks back. There's a Kum & Go nearby and Tesla has teamed up with them in Colorado. Maybe you can stop by, scope things out and report back? ;)
I was in the Springs today and scouted all the Kum & Go's near I-25 (including Great Wolf Lodge) as well as the one in Monument. No sign of Supercharger work at any of them.

I was in the Springs today and scouted all the Kum & Go's near I-25 (including Great Wolf Lodge) as well as the one in Monument. No sign of Supercharger work at any of them.
I'll be the first to report supercharger work in the Springs...no worries about that. But seeing that nothing is on the SC map and the pending installs have been on the map for 3+ years, I'm not hopeful anything will replace the parking garage SC. I was on top of the destination charger at Interquest and was getting updates from Apollo Sunguard during the install. Good guys by the way.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
I'll be the first to report supercharger work in the Springs...no worries about that. But seeing that nothing is on the SC map and the pending installs have been on the map for 3+ years, I'm not hopeful anything will replace the parking garage SC. I was on top of the destination charger at Interquest and was getting updates from Apollo Sunguard during the install. Good guys by the way.
Thanks for keeping an eye out in the Springs.

I wouldn't give too much credibility to the "Coming Soon" map as we've recently seen four new sites show up in the Denver metro area that were not on the map. We also found another site but I'm waiting for equipment to be delivered or for digging to begin before starting a thread on that location. I have heard rumors of another four or five other sites elsewhere in Colorado and none of them are on the map yet either.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart