Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Mission Viejo, CA (LIVE Mar 25 2020, 10 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was over by the Mission Mall yesterday picking up some food from the food court. The SC's appear to be very heavily utilized with all stalls having cars charging in them on a Tuesday morning at 10am. The wife and I were trying to figure out why this site seems to be so heavily utilized. Is it a bunch of people using it that don't have charging at home? Is this site heavily utilized by people travelling?

I was over by the Mission Mall yesterday picking up some food from the food court. The SC's appear to be very heavily utilized with all stalls having cars charging in them on a Tuesday morning at 10am. The wife and I were trying to figure out why this site seems to be so heavily utilized. Is it a bunch of people using it that don't have charging at home? Is this site heavily utilized by people travelling?
When Fountain Valley opened seven or so years ago, all Teslas had free unlimited supercharging. I personally observed multiple occasions where a person would park in the morning, and be picked up by (assumed) spouse/partner. Hogging the space for hours. Same in later hours of the evening, left overnight.

This was before idle charges. Given how daytime prices are for Supercharging ($.41/kWh) and with the older FUSC vehicles becoming a very small minority, spots like this (plus idle charges) will likely be self-regulating. It is a mall, where people spend a couple of hours - perfect for the "slow" 72kW urban chargers.

Reactions: Brovane
What do you call it when a Tesla does it? Rude. Entitled. ???

1813F247-977A-46BA-B9C4-71269ED94D9D.jpeg

Reactions: Dave EV