Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to go to Montrose specifically, it would be nice to have a SC there as I either have to charge up enough to get back to Pancho Springs, or take the yucky way through Grand Junction on the way back. I'm not counting on having any destination charging in Montrose.

Do you know the availability of them?

There are 2 at Montrose Hospital (parking lot -- often they're full because at LEAST two ER docs have EVs). There are 4 at the "new" Montrose Recreation Center, 16350 Woodgate Rd, north side, where I rarely see any EVs (except when my wife is there!) And 2 at the city parking lot on 1st St, near city hall, variable use (sometimes full, sometimes no one there).

• Informative
Reactions: HillCountryFun
The two L2s at Centennial Plaza and the two at the hospital are 7 kW. The four at the rec center are 4 kW and so slow as to be nearly useless except in emergencies. (I was the first person to use the Centennial Plaza charge station back in 2014.)

Only once have I seen all four of the 7 kW EVSEs full. I tend to use one at the hospital, if available, because it is a longer walk to the supermarket (more exercise lugging groceries) and the movie theaters. One of the docs at the hospital tends to plug-in even though his car is never charging, likely because it needed just a few minutes and he doesn't move it.

In general, L2 charging in Montrose is reliably available.

Reactions: sdoorex
If going south, the two L2 chargers in Ridgway town park are pretty quick and always available. Good restaurants nearby too. I have used the Centennial Plaza chargers in Montrose often when grabbing pizza at Colorado Boy. Worth the charge!

New Supercharger coming to Montrose

3E71960B-DD8B-4239-86BD-AF065EB8A3F1.jpeg

New Supercharger coming to Montrose

View attachment 593607
Interesting find. The August minutes of DMEA (the power co-op that serves Montrose CO) also mention this station: "Efforts for the Tesla and ChargePoint EV charging stations are ongoing and have a targeted construction start date in September 2020." The September meeting minutes haven't been released yet.

The comments to that news report on Facebook are generally disparaging of the whole thing, as I suppose is common across the country in rural areas:
1400211_1401582726740762_1327864510_o.jpg

• Gail Marvel Yes. DMEA has a rate for the station, but the fee to customers will be determined by the owners of the stations.
  • 31416808_10215865636178982_1552298474668556288_n.jpg

Top Fan
    David White Tesla's website has listed a "Supercharging Station" in Montrose as "Coming Soon" for months! City Councilor Roy Anderson has been a big proponent of this and the expenditure of thousands of local taxpayer dollars to make it happen as it will, so he claims, reap huge economic benefits upon downtown merchants as the elite spend 20 minutes recharging their $100,000 Tesla's so they can get to their multimillion dollar homes in Telluride! What a farce! The voters had an opportunity in April's municipal election to throw 3 of these spendthrift Councillors out of office and didn't. You get what you get when you don't participate. The Californication of Montrose continues at a rapid pace as a result!
  • 117778004_1840319372775907_398002113986606429_n.jpg

CAnn White Expecting the influx of CA money and ideals soon?
  • 117175935_10223338333236300_6536275377019844849_o.jpg

Karl Sammons Electric vehicles are the future, bravo Montrose.
  • 106195426_10223153785456773_5369381257657270678_n.jpg

Michelle Calhoun Small So how was it determined that this was necessary and needed?
  • 71315008_2174844632812580_574121610034806784_n.jpg

John Hokanson Do these stations charge a fee?

• John Foster
    Just more waste of money for just a few people that own electric vehicles. Which is less then 1% of the population but yet the mass of taxpayers has to pay for this crap.
Just to give you a little idea of the mindset of people outside the Tesla bubble. Ignorance is rampant.

I'd try to check things out on October 1st but I'm planning to take advantage of nice weather to head over to Canyonlands NP for some hiking in The Needles District.

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke
Interesting find. The August minutes of DMEA (the power co-op that serves Montrose CO) also mention this station: "Efforts for the Tesla and ChargePoint EV charging stations are ongoing and have a targeted construction start date in September 2020." The September meeting minutes haven't been released yet.

The comments to that news report on Facebook are generally disparaging of the whole thing, as I suppose is common across the country in rural areas: Just to give you a little idea of the mindset of people outside the Tesla bubble. Ignorance is rampant.

I'd try to check things out on October 1st but I'm planning to take advantage of nice weather to head over to Canyonlands NP for some hiking in The Needles District.
Link pls!

I think that it'll probably be 8 Supercharger stalls and 2 ChargePoint CPE-250s. I don't see Tesla putting more than 8 without first upgrading/replacing Grand Junction and Poncha Springs and 4 or 6 stall setups seem rare with their V3s. We might see 4 CPE250s but I think they'll just install 2 for now while leaving open the possibility of expansion for both.

I’m glad it’s finally on the board. Yes, the comments are of course, indicative of many of our rural communities’ knowledge of EV’s in general, along with their need to support oil and gas.

This will be helpful for my SR+ to get to Durango and back from Glenwood. I usually take McClure down through Paonia than going through GJ.

Reactions: PStewart