Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: Western Teslarado on Twitter

CCAF61F6-8032-4EE0-9BB1-C71C1E58C4B8.jpeg
EDA01500-63E9-4DA5-91C9-AA9FFA9338DE.jpeg

Attachments

• 0B93F8CF-BCD7-47E8-B3AD-8ADBEE32DBCE.jpeg
    0B93F8CF-BCD7-47E8-B3AD-8ADBEE32DBCE.jpeg
    705.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 76F9BCF7-3AA4-4EEC-A479-C35AF90D6C6A.jpeg
    76F9BCF7-3AA4-4EEC-A479-C35AF90D6C6A.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 68
I wonder what the commissioning process involves? I’d imagine someone from Tesla has to be on site to do final checks before they turn on the power to their gear, and provision the chargers on their system. The same goes for the third party chargers.
That is correct. It's often a major delay especially for rural superchargers like this one. A Tesla employee will have to come out from (most likely) Denver to test and activate the supercharger.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
The Town of Ridgway, 25 miles south of Montrose, was also contacted by Tesla about a Supercharger Station a couple of months ago. The Town Council approved one of the suggested locations (I was at the meeting) but I have no idea if Tesla will actually pursue that location. Montrose, at the intersection of US 50 and US 550, seems like a better site.

My guess at the time was that Ridgway was a backup for Telluride in case there were difficulties with finding a location there (parking is limited and land values are very high).

I had a friend move from here to Ridgway aa few months ago so I plan to visit him next summer and it would sure be nice if they built one there.

That's exciting! I'll be in the neighborhood next month and likely needing several charges there. Are there any recommendations for food and quick activities nearby?
Not sure which cafes on Main Street are open, given the coronavirus situation. There is a Burger King about four blocks away on US 50.

If you have time, you could visit Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. This time of the year the road is usually closed beyond the visitors center (except for skis and snowshoes). The first overlook should be open as well as the one near the visitors center (trail to that overlook will be snowpacked).

Not a lot to do near the Supercharger Station, save for small stores and small restaurants on Main Street. Supermarket four blocks to the southwest if you need to do any grocery shopping.

This is a winter picture of Black Canyon from the first overlook:

Black Canyon in winter0377edsf 2-22-12.jpg

Reactions: LoudMusic