Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pendleton, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully they will expand out 84. We have quite a lot of discussions about the dalles, boardman, and biggs junction, and they did put a bit of redundancy on 90. Biggs and la grande would make that route pretty robust.

edit: or ccs. That would solve some of these routes pretty well.

Reactions: KJD
Hopefully they will expand out 84. We have quite a lot of discussions about the dalles, boardman, and biggs junction, and they did put a bit of redundancy on 90. Biggs and la grande would make that route pretty robust.

edit: or ccs. That would solve some of these routes pretty well.
I totally agree. In the common wind between The Dalles and Pendleton, this is often a challenging stretch. Tesla needs to put a 250 somewhere in between. Until then, another great option would be the release of Tesla's CCS adapter in the US.

Looks like Pendleton is back!

Attachments

• 8B8F684A-B4F9-4708-8D71-5F836D401F00.jpeg
    8B8F684A-B4F9-4708-8D71-5F836D401F00.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 90
Definitely would have been worth it to divert to Kennewick. It isn't that far out of the way.
By the time I discovered that the Pendleton charger was down I was already there from Yakima. Tesla was saying that I would be able to make it to Baker City (With 5% charge) from Yakima without going through Pendleton, and it was only when I stopped to top up so I could be certain that I realized the charger itself was down. Fortunately I still made it to Baker City.

I am happy to see the charger is back up for my drive back.

Reactions: PLUS EV and Raleel
Going through Bend and Burns is absolutely a better route from Lincoln City to Boise. It's only about a half hour worse than going through Pendleton. Detouring to Kennewick would add about 1.5 hours. So unless there's bad weather on the Bend/Burns route, you should take that one.

ABRP just gets its data from Tesla so it isn't a leading indicator.
I started doing this route recently since they added Hines. Drive it several times a year to/from New Orleans. Normally I take my X Raven so its not a problem but wanted to take my 18 3 LR RWD this trip to keep the miles down on the X and was monitoring the weather since the passes can be bad and not 100% confident with the 3 in snow. Other than range anxiety to Bend this time due to weather the trip was fine.

Reactions: PLUS EV