TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger — Peru, IL

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Cottonwood, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

• Like x 1
  2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I don't think you need a connector between Normal and Rockford - I usually skip Rockford on my way up north, stopping at Normal and Madison instead. I suppose it's an alternative from St. Louis if you wanted to stop in Springfield and then Peru while heading north. I'm guessing it's mostly their plan to get the I-80 work done, as you noted.

I really wish they would focus on Mt. Vernon and Paducah... it gets painful having to go 250 miles each direction out of my way to go to the Southeast.

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Definitely looks like an I-80 Supercharger, with a side benefit of offering a possible N-S alternative.

And because I refuse to ignore the US Numbered Highway System, it's also on US-6.

4. wws

wws Member

Great spot. Finally brings the Quad Cities into range.

5. crmatson

crmatson Member

Good news!

6. Guy V

Guy V Member

Every time you advocate for a Supercharger(s) between St. Louis and Nashville I concur 100%. It's ridiculous you can't go Southwest from St. Louis or Northwest from Nashville. It rankles each time a new one gets posted on an already accessible route.

7. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

Based on Tesla's supercharger map it looks like they are targeting Davenport, IA for the Quad City supercharger. I will try and provide updates on the Peru supercharger as I go past it quite often. Hy-vee would be an excellent company for Tesla to team up with to run their superchargers through Iowa. They are all over the place and are very nice grocery stores that typically have a resturant like eating area and Starbucks inside. Buffalo Wild Wings is also across the street from the Peru location.

8. wws

wws Member

Northpark? Duck Creek? However IMO they should do Iowa City before Davenport. That would get folks to Des Moines, and also to Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, and northwards to the Albert Lea Supercharger or to Rochester (e.g., Mayo).

9. Pinarello

Pinarello Member

It only brings the Quad Cities into range if you are going down I-80. If you are going down I-88 from the western suburbs of Chicago (where most of the Tesla's are owned) to the Quad Cities, you can make it there from Aurora but you can't return. We still need a SuperCharger in the Quad Cities.

10. breading

breading Member

YES!

11. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

Based on Tesla future pins for supercharger location it looks like they may place one in Rochelle, il (intersection of I-39 and I- 88). This would also facilitate travel through the i-88 corridor.

12. jgallops

jgallops Not so Well Known Member

Been by the HyVee in Peru for 3 weeks in a row. No sign of construction yet. If I see anything, I will post some pictures.

• Helpful x 1
  13. Jim J

Jim J Member

Hi, yes please post when you see something started. I need one in Peru. I use 80 often.

14. xy46

xy46 Member

Any observations from those locally about what might be going on with this supercharger install? I would love to see construction being started soon.

15. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

Nothing to report yet. I believe they are still working with the city to obtain the proper permits. The city also need to provide some infrastructure to the site which has not happen either.

• Informative x 1
  16. jgallops

jgallops Not so Well Known Member

I was by the Hy-Vee market today (Mother's Day) and no signs of any construction. I drove around the parking lot... Nothing!

17. TomServo

TomServo Member

[QUOTE="FlasherZ, post: 1364315, member: 9819"

I really wish they would focus on Mt. Vernon and Paducah... it gets painful having to go 250 miles each direction out of my way to go to the Southeast.[/QUOTE]

I know it's only May 2016 but that gapping hole heading east from St Louis to the southeast is HUGE and makes no sense.

18. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

The addition of Sikeston (Miner), MO helps a little bit for those in St. Louis - you can now take I-55 south to Sikeston, then head on US-62 to I-24 -- 195 miles to Nashville, which should be doable in most 85's. That at least gets you on a usable path that mostly aligns going to the southeastern US.

It doesn't help for Chicago to the SE, but by then you may as well go over to Indy and go south from there.

The planned Mt. Vernon, IL charger would also give you another option -- over through Louisville to Nashville and on from there.

19. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

Went to B-Dubs tonight for dinner and saw some activity at the HyVee! That is a mighty fine switchgear!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. Nicoletta

Nicoletta Member

Great news. Thanks for the photos Subhuman.