Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Peru, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove out to confirm and yes it is working! Of course unless you post a picture it didn't happen!

SuperChargerPeru6.jpg

This is a drive in spot, so being lazy I used this one!

Proof

SuperChargerPeru7.jpg

Hard to see the flashing green, but it is there. Sun is too bright to see it.

Yesterday, while I was charging at Rockford on my way back from Yellowstone, I noticed my car showed a Supercharger in Peru along my avoid-tolls route (I-39 and I-80), which wasn't there when I took that route on the way out. I checked supercharge.info to find it opened just four days earlier and decided to cut my charge at Rockford a little short (for reaching Country Club Hills) and check it out. There's still some work to be done such as the signs and fencing, but other than that it worked perfectly.

IMG_20160626_110355.jpg

Just a couple minutes after plugging in, a car pulled up and the guy approached saying he was from the city and asked to take a photo for the city's FB page: City of Peru, Illinois Offices

While we were talking with the guy, another car pulled up with the passenger asking what it was. +1 for educating the public. :)