Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rolla, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 190373 View attachment 190375 I'm getting my first tesla the end of September and hope this will be ready by then. Here are some pictures of the progress.
Predicition is difficult. But end of September should be reasonable, unless some unforeseen hang-fire occurs. A common glitch is waiting for the utitlity to get its transformer delivered, but this one is already on its pad:)

I've been watching one in my county that went in with amazing speed. Impressive civil crew. Broke ground July 12 and connected to power Aug. 8, after passing local final inspection a few days earlier. But it has been languishing for a week, presumably waiting for the Tesla techs to arrive to certify/activate it. It's never as fast as we want, but it will happen!

OBTW Thanks for the pictures!

image.jpeg
Drove by this morning, looks like all of the skeletons that make up the stalls are up, but the covers are not installed yet nor is the fencing around the cabinets on the main pad. Hopefully in a another a week or so would be my guess.

Reactions: jvonbokel
image.jpeg
Here's what it looks like from the map, the supercharger.info construction cone is in the wrong place, they're building the superchargers in the lots I circled in red. I took the picture from the road in front of Bandana's, from that vantage point it didn't capture the Super 8 to the east and got the field behind it instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvonbokel
The construction company is doing a good job. The progress is progress. We don't want the same thing that happened in Norfolk, Va. Especially losing a life, when creating a Tesla Supercharger Station. Safety is priority. I also bought a pack of water from Walmart and brought it over to Rolla Supercharger Station Construction Company they were gone. I went into Bandana's Bar-B-Q and asked the manager to give into the construction, due to the hot temperature, 95 degrees. He didn't mind. Doing something nice for those who are building our Supercharger's, is what makes progress toward the supercharger and I didn't want a heat stroke to happen. To our local construction company's.

The construction company is doing a good job. The progress is progress. We don't want the same thing that happened in Norfolk, Va. Especially losing a life, when creating a Tesla Supercharger Station. Safety is priority. I also bought a pack of water from Walmart and brought it over to Rolla Supercharger Station Construction Company they were gone. I went into Bandana's Bar-B-Q and asked the manager to give into the construction, due to the hot temperature, 95 degrees. He didn't mind. Doing something nice for those who are building our Supercharger's, is what makes progress toward the supercharger and I didn't want a heat stroke to happen. To our local construction company's.
Thanks, Ronnie! I can still remember what ninety-five feels like Missouri. Our guys had the opposite issue- they're from SW Kentucky and felt cold all the time in coastal Oregon. So we were taking them coffee and pastry instead. You are right- they seemed to appreciate the gesture and the acknowledgment.

Reactions: ronniemarlow3
Spoke with Tesla employee on Sunday who said that they energized the Rolla charger, but that there was a problem and it wasn't working right. He didn't know any details, but thought there was going to be some delay in opening because of it. Sorry so vague, but that's all I could learn.
Ouch that sucks, I am going to Branson Monday and was hoping it would be open. Bummer