TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger — Rolla, MO

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Cottonwood, Feb 1, 2016.

1. leannekc

leannekc Member

Not yet on Plugshare. (5:29pm sept 28)

2. Johnobee

Johnobee Member

I just updated PlugShare and added some photos, it's also showing operational (red) on Tesla's nav screen now. Hope to see some of you in Rolla soon.

• Like x 4
  3. Electric Joe

Electric Joe Member

Very cool! I was just waiting for this one and the one in Springfield to be completed so my fantasy of driving from the Detroit area to Santa Fe, NM can come true. We're juuuuust about there!

4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

The unofficial Grand Opening of the Rolla Supercharger was yesterday. Pretty well attended with about 11 cars there and Chris Welch, an AO from Tesla, was in attendance. Answered some questions from locals, ate some good BBQ and got some photos. A very very welcome and needed addition to the I-44/Midwest corridor.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/efusco/albums/72157671533857033

30137729521_5c559c7a85_o.jpg

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  5. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

It's a shame the RollaDailyNews wasn't able to include a picture of the vehicles. I guarantee you 99% of the population has no idea what a Tesla looks like.

• Love x 1
  6. efusco

Never crossed my mind to contact them...also the S&T paper probably would have eaten it up.

7. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Absolutely, though I think they ran a story a the day before. The story could have used a little Tesla owner tweaking as well:

Filling station for electric cars opens

8. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

9. ronniemarlow3

ronniemarlow3 Member

I got a question toward the Tesla car owners that live in Missouri or traveled to Rolla Supercharger. My question is what is it like driving on autopilot on Missouri on the interstate road to Rolla and you're trip here? Ron thanks... Thanks for coming anyway to Rolls and being part of the Tesla family

10. efusco

Rolla Supercharger/Bandana's BBQ tip. If you're there between meals and just want a snack...they will serve/sell you a small portion. They charged me just a couple bucks for 2 barbequed ribs yesterday along with my iced tea while I waited my 30 minutes to top up.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. brutewolf

brutewolf Member

I just drove this weekend from Tulsa to St. Louis and back. Autopilot worked perfectly the entire way. I charged to 100% at Rolla. I drove 55 from Rolla to Springfield and then 65 the rest of the way. I could have made it to the Catoosa Supercharger on a single charge, but I was ready for a break.I stopped at the Candlewood Suites in Joplin. They're happy to let you plug in even if you're not a guest.

Walked over to the McDonald's and back, drove 70-75 mph to Catoosa with the extra boost.

12. JClu

JClu Member

This is my review of this SpC location based on our recent trip:

Location - not the easiest place to find. It's about 5 minutes off I-44, and you have to drive through 2 roundabouts to get there. Its physically in the parking lot of the Bandana BBQ restaurant.

Charging rate - excellent. Followed the general rule of (125kW - battery SOC) rate.

Facilities - the only food / bathroom option within reasonable walking distance is the Bandana BBQ, which itself was a pretty good restaurant. But if you are passing through at odd hours and just need a quick charge and bathroom break, well, good luck.

13. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Baymont Inn is a very short walk from the station, and they'll most likely let you use the bathroom in the lobby.

14. nonapfulk

nonapfulk Member

It's not that hard to find if you are traveling east. Just get off I-44, first right turn is the round-about that you are in for 0.5 seconds and grab the first right out of there. Head down to the Bandana's and it's to the left of the restaurant. It would be nice if there was a Tesla sign along the road for those who don't know it's at Bandana's. I just made the trip from Tulsa on autopilot for the poster who asked, and it was ok about 95% of the time. There are some sections that don't have lines yet and some crazy drivers that made me turn it off. Not a bad trip, though!

15. efusco

Indeed, they do. I always ask and they've always been very accommodating and even once offered me free coffee as I was leaving.
    There's also a nice trail around the small lake/pond behind the Baymont that's good for getting a little exercise while you charge.

It would be nice if there were more services a bit closer.

16. efusco

FYI,
    Charger 2A in Rolla was only delivering about 22kW on Sunday. I called Tesla to report, left a note on the charger, and posted to Plugshare and Supercharge apps.

1A was working fine, I did not try any of the others, but certainly expect that 2B would also not be working properly.

• Helpful x 1