Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Tallahassee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks again for the heads up.

Based on eye witness reports from one of our local club members I can report that work on the Tallahassee Supercharger Station has recently broken ground.

View attachment 92363

View attachment 92364

The location is in the parking lot of the Village Commons Shopping Center in front of Newk's, Village Pizza and Marble Slab Creamery.

1400 Village Square Blvd, Tallahassee.

View attachment 92366

Village Commons Shopping Center is at the Thomasville Road exit off of I-10.

View attachment 92367

Larry

Awesome, great news!

Based upon Bev's user name, I'm not sure a Tallahassee supercharger will operate on her vehicle.
We lived in Tally for 7 LONG years. The Gator club's motto is "Civilization Among the Savages" LOL!
We actually have a split family, my daughter and son-in-law graduated from FSU, so we are begrudging FSU fans also.... IF they aren't paying the Gators, my husband's Alma mater. I have a bunch of Nole friends though! :biggrin:

We lived in Tally for 7 LONG years. The Gator club's motto is "Civilization Among the Savages" LOL!
We actually have a split family, my daughter and son-in-law graduated from FSU, so we are begrudging FSU fans also.... IF they aren't paying the Gators, my husband's Alma mater. I have a bunch of Nole friends though! :biggrin:

Ok. I guess you will be able to do a 50% charge...............

Bev - being a long-time Gator in Atlanta, we've become accustomed to similar comments here. Our Atlanta Gator Club tag line is "Deep in Enemy Territory".

We'll actually be making the ATL-Destin-Gainesville-ATL drive later this month and are hopeful this SC will be online by then. Although our UF-clad Model S may fall under attack by the savages while rolling into town...

(Isn't everyone glad college football season has started?) :cool:

Bev - being a long-time Gator in Atlanta, we've become accustomed to similar comments here. Our Atlanta Gator Club tag line is "Deep in Enemy Territory".

We'll actually be making the ATL-Destin-Gainesville-ATL drive later this month and are hopeful this SC will be online by then. Although our UF-clad Model S may fall under attack by the savages while rolling into town...

(Isn't everyone glad college football season has started?) :cool:

I definitely am. I'm a Vols fan and am driving my S to the Gators/Vols game on the 26th. Hoping this new SC is working by then! Not looking forward to a 60 mph four hour jump if its not.

It looks like the supercharger all ready to go but the meter is not installed.
image.jpg

Adding on to the report by Starr X, it is definitely ready to go, but for a meter. It is in a great location, very close to I-10. You will be turning left off of Thomasville Road. After you make the left, be ready for an immediate right turn into the parking lot. The drive is partially hidden and comes up pretty quickly. If you miss it, there is a second entrance a few yards down the road.

I'll try to attach a few pix that show some of the surroundings, as well as the final piece of the puzzle - simply waiting for that meter.

I believe a post earlier in this thread said there would be five stations. There are six.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Adding on to the report by Starr X, it is definitely ready to go, but for a meter. It is in a great location, very close to I-10. You will be turning left off of Thomasville Road. After you make the left, be ready for an immediate right turn into the parking lot. The drive is partially hidden and comes up pretty quickly. If you miss it, there is a second entrance a few yards down the road.

I'll try to attach a few pix that show some of the surroundings, as well as the final piece of the puzzle - simply waiting for that meter.

I believe a post earlier in this thread said there would be five stations. There are six.

Thanks Steve,

Did you happen to see the pad-mounted utility transformer feeding this installation? It's usually a big green box adjacent to the installation.

By way of example, here's a flyover of the Lake City Supercharger Station. In this case you can see that the utility transformer is betweem the two palm trees. As can be seen it is not far from the Supercharger and switchgear enclosure.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks Steve,

Did you happen to see the pad-mounted utility transformer feeding this installation? It's usually a big green box adjacent to the installation.

Larry

Sorry Larry, but I didn't think to look for it and I didn't have much time to look around. I had my wife (can't see her in the photos) and my dog (he shows up if you zoom in) in the car - neither could understand why I was out running around taking pictures, and neither were going to let me do it for very long. Well, maybe the dog was OK with it........

Sorry Larry, but I didn't think to look for it and I didn't have much time to look around. I had my wife (can't see her in the photos) and my dog (he shows up if you zoom in) in the car - neither could understand why I was out running around taking pictures, and neither were going to let me do it for very long. Well, maybe the dog was OK with it........

Hi Steve,

No problem. My concern is that from viewing Google street views the nearest primary electric supply is probably the nearby bank. There doesn't appear to be primary adjacent to the Supercharger site so the local utility will have to extend it and set a pad-mounted transformer, if they haven't already done so.

If someone else doesn't visit before I do, I'll check it out next week.

Larry