Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Tallahassee, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped in to charge at this site today, and there's some new construction/conduits being installed adjacent to the current 6 superchargers. Looks like there may soon be some additional superchargers here in the near future.
I stopped by here yesterday. This construction is the new VW Electrify America chargers. PlugShare has it listed for 7 CCS and 1 CHAdeMO fast charging stations. There’s a lot of electrify America stations showing as under construction across Florida. It may be a charging option if you’re in a bind and have a CHAdeMO adapter.

• Informative
Reactions: Seven7
Could someone please give an eyewitness update on the Supercharger and surrounding roads this weekend once Hurricane Michael has cleared. I fully realize status can be checked in the car, but would appreciate any additional info. I’m arriving Sunday afternoon if the storm doesn’t screw up the network enroute from NC. Thanks!

I stopped by here yesterday. This construction is the new VW Electrify America chargers. PlugShare has it listed for 7 CCS and 1 CHAdeMO fast charging stations. There’s a lot of electrify America stations showing as under construction across Florida. It may be a charging option if you’re in a bind and have a CHAdeMO adapter.
I were wondering what were those stations belong to when I brought my new M3 to the supercharger the first time on Oct 6th.

Attachments

• 20181006_140532.jpg
    20181006_140532.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 122
  • 20181006_140625.jpg
    20181006_140625.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20181006_140758.jpg
    20181006_140758.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 90
Was here last night and a Taycan was trying to charge. After a while they gave up and moved to the adjacent EA chargers. I’m totally confused, now, about rollout to non-Tesla cars. Anyone know the current policy? It was frustrating because the site was full and there’s only a few posts in this location.

The “6” stall tallahassee charger has become a total cluster. Generally only 5 stalls seem to work. the furthest one from transformer 1B once while I was there didn’t work for a Model 3 but did (very slow rate) for a Model Y. Off and on people tape an OOO sign on 1B and locally it’s generally regarded as not viable.

There is no logical queue/parking for cars that show up and have to wait. you often see confusion/frustration with waiting Tesla drivers trying to advance. It does not help that car access to this plaza has an entrance with traffic running right in front of the Tesla stalls and inbetween where you wait in line for charging.

The half working 1B stall compounds the problem because a new car arrives seeing empty stall and assumes there’s no one waiting and plug into 1B. Then they seem to learn the situation that 1B isn’t charging them up and cars have been / are waiting. Invariably they pull away and then try to figure out where they belong in queue possibly with cars that arrived after them but knew 1B not viable and went straight to waiting area.

Hoping the two other fully constructed superchargers get online soon and alleviate this problem

Attachments

• 603CA883-07E5-4596-96BE-55134DAD32C2-COLLAGE.jpeg
    603CA883-07E5-4596-96BE-55134DAD32C2-COLLAGE.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
The “6” stall tallahassee charger has become a total cluster. Generally only 5 stalls seem to work. the furthest one from transformer 1B once while I was there didn’t work for a Model 3 but did (very slow rate) for a Model Y. Off and on people tape an OOO sign on 1B and locally it’s generally regarded as not viable.

There is no logical queue/parking for cars that show up and have to wait. you often see confusion/frustration with waiting Tesla drivers trying to advance. It does not help that car access to this plaza has an entrance with traffic running right in front of the Tesla stalls and inbetween where you wait in line for charging.

The half working 1B stall compounds the problem because a new car arrives seeing empty stall and assumes there’s no one waiting and plug into 1B. Then they seem to learn the situation that 1B isn’t charging them up and cars have been / are waiting. Invariably they pull away and then try to figure out where they belong in queue possibly with cars that arrived after them but knew 1B not viable and went straight to waiting area.

Hoping the two other fully constructed superchargers get online soon and alleviate this problem
Meant to mention that the Tesla app (see image) indicates the station is generally full (which means wait times) from 12PM - 8PM daily

It's insane that Tally has only had this single supercharger for so long. Insane