Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Traverse City, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cannot wait for this to be done. hopefully it will be up and working before the end of the month. The wife and I want to bring the S to TC for our anniversary at the end of September
Even if the SC isn't up, it's totally possible. I did it with my S60 and our whole family + luggage.
There are a number of free level 2 chargers in the downtown area, HPWCs in a couple different places, and don't underestimate the value of your UMC.

I'm plugged in and charging now. I'll post some pics later today. You guys will laugh at how I had to plug in, but it was worth it for the virgin charge! :)

The parking spaces are all roped off, presumably due to wet paint although it looks dry to me now. There's also new asphalt that has been laid but it looks to be in good shape as well. There is a way to parallel park on the back side of the chargers and plug in. The cord will reach if you get real close to the curb and line it up just right. That being said, it puts you in a lane of traffic facing the wrong way so I wouldn't recommend it unless you are desperate. It's 3am right now so no big deal to do it, but during the day there might be traffic here. I'm not really sure.

If I had to guess, I think they will move the cones blocking the charging stalls when the morning shift gets here in a few hours, but I can't be sure. You might want to call the Meijer and see if the stalls are open if you are planning to charge here.

I'm plugged in and charging now. I'll post some pics later today. You guys will laugh at how I had to plug in, but it was worth it for the virgin charge! :)

The parking spaces are all roped off, presumably due to wet paint although it looks dry to me now. There's also new asphalt that has been laid but it looks to be in good shape as well. There is a way to parallel park on the back side of the chargers and plug in. The cord will reach if you get real close to the curb and line it up just right. That being said, it puts you in a lane of traffic facing the wrong way so I wouldn't recommend it unless you are desperate. It's 3am right now so no big deal to do it, but during the day there might be traffic here. I'm not really sure.

If I had to guess, I think they will move the cones blocking the charging stalls when the morning shift gets here in a few hours, but I can't be sure. You might want to call the Meijer and see if the stalls are open if you are planning to charge here.

Tesla has it live on the in-car NAV, so it is live. Meijer would only have it closed due to painting. Certain sites use parking cones so ICE cars do not park at the Super Chargers.

Reactions: Jim MacInnes

You didn't get a picture of your acrobatic 3AM virgin charge? I'd say "picture or it didn't happen" but I don't think anyone could make that up. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Anyone see that it's showing temporary closure? Stopping in Cadillac instead. Hope done soon for ride back. 1505774220215354986836.jpg