Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Traverse City, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traverse City, MI

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways (<=5 mi): US-31

To: Parry Sound, ON (US-31, MI-72, US-131, MI-42, MI-32, I-75, local, TCH, TCH-69) - 466 miles
To: Cadillac, MI (US-31, MI-115) - 43.7 miles
To: Wausau, WI (US-31, MI-72, US-131, MI-42, MI-32, I-75, US-2, MI-35, US-41, WI-S, WI-C, WI-29, US-51) - 449 miles
To: Hinckley, MN (US-31, MI-72, US-131, MI-42, MI-32, I-75, US-2, WI-70, WI-77, MN-48) - 582 miles
To: Duluth, MN (US-31, MI-72, US-131, MI-42, MI-32, I-75, US-2, MI-77, MI-28, MI-94, US-41, MI-480, US-41, US-141, MI-28, US-2, US-53, I-535, I-35) - 537 miles

I heard it was under way. If anyone is in the area and could verify, it would be greatly appreciated.
So what does "I heard it was under way." mean? Right now there is no evidence (presented here anyway) that this supercharger is under construction, or permitted, or even planned. Seems to me like an odd place to put a supercharger. Please elaborate.

So what does "I heard it was under way." mean? Right now there is no evidence (presented here anyway) that this supercharger is under construction, or permitted, or even planned. Seems to me like an odd place to put a supercharger. Please elaborate.

@BET: TC is a gateway for western Michigan and Chicago/WI/MN to get to summer and winter vacation spots UP North. From Chicago, a stop in St Joseph gives you enough juice in a 90D or 100D to get to TC, or at least make a quick stop in Cadillac. I can foresee a TC charger will be very popular.

Has anyone heard rumors about a supercharger going in near the Mackinac Bridge? I suppose the UP itself will be a very low priority since it isn't really part of any highly traveled routes, but having one in St. Ignace or Mackinaw City would be helpful for people traveling to destinations in the UP like Marquette or Sault Ste Marie, both of which could then be within reach of most Model S configurations. When I route from Ann Arbor to Marquette now, the in-car navigation takes me through Wisconsin and the travel time is about double what it would take to drive there in an ICE car.

No ground-breaking in Traverse City yet. I did a lap around the Meijer parking lot tonight. There seems to be a new power line in the back parking lot corner, in between the Meijer store and the Carwash but it's hard to tell at this point exactly where the Supercharger stalls are going to be installed.

Here is a photo of that "new" power line. Does anyone have any insight as what to look for next/first?

Attachments

• IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Informative
Reactions: tomsModelS
Has anyone heard rumors about a supercharger going in near the Mackinac Bridge? I suppose the UP itself will be a very low priority since it isn't really part of any highly traveled routes, but having one in St. Ignace or Mackinaw City would be helpful for people traveling to destinations in the UP like Marquette or Sault Ste Marie, both of which could then be within reach of most Model S configurations. When I route from Ann Arbor to Marquette now, the in-car navigation takes me through Wisconsin and the travel time is about double what it would take to drive there in an ICE car.

I've driven my 85 to Marquette four times from lower Michigan, and would never drive around the lake to do it....starting in 2014 when there was no SC network in MI and I could make it from Maumee to Interlochen on one charge (albeit below the speed limit). From Cadillac to Petoskey, stop at Safford's Bay View Inn for some lunch (and free miles with lunch), after which you can make it to Marquette long as you have about 205 miles and don't drive fast. In summer I usually pick up range keeping it at 55. Ignore the nav warnings - better yet, turn the nav off and enjoy the ride.