Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Traverse City, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've driven my 85 to Marquette four times from lower Michigan, and would never drive around the lake to do it....starting in 2014 when there was no SC network in MI and I could make it from Maumee to Interlochen on one charge (albeit below the speed limit). From Cadillac to Petoskey, stop at Safford's Bay View Inn for some lunch (and free miles with lunch), after which you can make it to Marquette long as you have about 205 miles and don't drive fast. In summer I usually pick up range keeping it at 55. Ignore the nav warnings - better yet, turn the nav off and enjoy the ride.
Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands also both have HPWC's.

Many thanks to all who keep us posted! Does anyone have any updates? Love going to Northern Michigan from Chicago and this SC would really fill a void. It's odd that the sueprcharger.info map icon went directly to Construction Cone without the Blue Permit Dot. I've had great experiences (vacation and charging) at Crystal Mountain (beautiful golf course and I believe their new lodging should soon be completed!) and this TC SC will certainly aid those jaunts to Petosky/Charlevoix/Harbor Springs etc!!

Hey, @Joel, we continue to have no evidence that this supercharger is under construction or is even permitted. So far it's just your completely unconfirmed report that you heard something from somebody. Do you have anything better than that?

I think @BlueShift might want to remove this site entirely from supercharge.info unless something more credible is forthcoming.

I'll catch on the status. It was in the engineering phase last I checked. I'll know more beginning of next week.

Just an FYI, there are two Tesla chargers at LochenHeath Golf Club, for those of you who want to top off before heading towards Petosky or the Bridge. They are closed for the winter but will be active in April. There's a good restaurant and some great views of the East Bay while your charging. It's located on US 31 about two miles north of
M-72.

I imagine, given the lack of updates, that the permit is not official? Unfortunately, it looks like TC will not be open for the busy summer travel....Seems that the reported doubling of SCs in the US in 2017 is not a reality as there should be so much more activity by now given that most construction takes place in spring and summer, not winter....

Well... well... this is disappointing. I'm driving my daughter up to Interlochen in a few weeks, but I guess I'll just have to hit Cadillac on the way in and out, instead.

We drive up Illinois and Wisconsin and take the SS Badger over to Michigan. I get a kick out of seeing the electric car drive onto the coal / steam ferry.

Reactions: VT_EE