Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA #2 (under construction May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go to the page you linked to I see nothing about Tesla or a Supercharger. Please post a screen capture of what you see. Thanks.
Here you go. Permit Number A1903809 if anyone wants to look it up themselves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211-134831.png
    Screenshot_20191211-134831.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: mociaf9
When I go to the page you linked to I see nothing about Tesla or a Supercharger. Please post a screen capture of what you see. Thanks.
On the summary page that the link directs to, in the blue box at the top there's a little caret indicator that can be clicked on to expand the box. Doing that shows some additional information, including the description, "Tesla EV Charging station", and valuation, "$150,000". Or, you can search the database for the keyword Tesla, and it will bring up the listing below:

Visalia_permit.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
Okay thanks. I updated the thread title.
On the summary page that the link directs to, in the blue box at the top there's a little caret indicator that can be clicked on to expand the box. Doing that shows some additional information, including the description, "Tesla EV Charging station", and valuation, "$150,000". Or, you can search the database for the keyword Tesla, and it will bring up the listing below:

View attachment 487219

I'm so looking forward to this as it will make Sequoia National Park accessible from Los Angeles in an SR+. Visalia was a gaping hole in the largely ignored southern highway 99 corridor. Rah!!

Can we get one in Lemoncove next? :) Then I could do my normal shortcut up through Porterville/Lindsay/Exeter to get to SNP.

Reactions: rjpryan and Pluto
Unfortunately this is not a post with any news about Visalia SC. Sorry to disappoint.

Has anyone that travels by there seen any changes at this site?

Zero progress on the proposed site. The trailer home business is still there, although there is a sign on the fence saying that they have moved to a new location. The other side of the road has a gas station and Subway being built.
IMG_20200511_191045488_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200511_190956250.jpg

I went to SNP and King's Canyon last month. With my M3 LR RWD I charged to 88% at Tejon Ranch, went up to SNP, came down to KOA Visalia at 8% SOC. spent the night and charge at 240 50 Amp RV. The charge was nearly 11 hrs with the AC running and me sleeping in the car. I was only planning on staying 8 hrs but I overslept, the temp dropped (AC ran less) and got fully charged.

If I were to have camped at SNP there would not have enough charge. The Visalia charger opens up a lot of options obviously.

The second day, I left Visalia KOA with 92% SoC to King's Canyon through the north side of the Park and then down to Cedar Village. Came back and rolled into Kettleman to charge at 15% SOC.

On the way home Visalia charger would have allowed me to come back to Cucamonga via the 99 instead of the I-5.

At the KOA, had I left earlier, I could have topped up at Visalia SuC.

Last edited:
I went to SNP and King's Canyon last month. With my M3 LR RWD I charged to 88% at Tejon Ranch, went up to SNP, came down to KOA Visalia at 8% SOC. spent the night and charge at 240 50 Amp RV. The charge was nearly 11 hrs with the AC running and me sleeping in the car. I was only planning on staying 8 hrs but I overslept, the temp dropped (AC ran less) and got fully charged.

If I were to have camped at SNP there would not have enough charge. The Visalia charger opens up a lot of options obviously.

The second day, I left Visalia KOA with 92% SoC to King's Canyon through the north side of the Park and then down to Cedar Village. Came back and rolled into Kettleman to charge at 15% SOC.

On the way home Visalia charger would have allowed me to come back to Cucamonga via the 99 instead of the I-5.

This will definitely be a welcomed addition to the 99 fwy hope that they are able to start construction soon. This site is dependent on the developer who is building a hotel, and other things in this site.

I wish they'd do Visalia first. You are going to see a lot of people backtracking through Woodlake to get to SNP.
The Visalia supercharger's timeline is handcuffed to the timeline for the big development project, so Visalia getting built first would mean that there'd be no supercharger in the area at all for at least another year or two. It may be much longer than that. So, I'm glad that Tesla isn't so particular.

Judging by ABRP, I can't make sense of how this can possibly be the case. When I use ABRP it tells me I could make it from 100% at Kettlemen city, through the entrance near three rivers, all the way to the end of kings canyon, and back to Fresno to charge with 16% left. What do you think the major decrepency is due to? could ABRP really be THAT off?

Reactions: kevin1