Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger “Icing”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are probably other threads on this subject, but I did not time to look around. Besides, the present example is so preposterous it probably deserves a thread of its own. I will make no further comment and let the pictures speak for themselves.
Caddieo
E9274D47-B193-4FB9-A925-5FF57F7C240D.jpeg
E123A100-746B-4ECB-9191-0714724DDA39.jpeg

Another example. This from Connecticut rt 95 northbound at Darien.
Brilliantly, this truck was left running, burning fuel while parked.
I'm researching what a gallon of gasoline would cost if the myriad international subsidies were eliminated. Would be useful to use in confronting / educating these clowns, many of whom are (over)reacting to EV subsidies.

IMG_6493.jpg

I just spent a few days driving an ICE. I had to stop and fill up several times.
Those gas stations are miserable, especially on holiday weekends. You wouldn't believe all the ICEing there. At all the busy places, there were ICE drivers parked for longer than I was there in front of pumps, standing by their trucks eating food while folks were waiting in line to fill up. At one point some clown came out of the store to his truck, put his food in the truck, unplugged from the pump, reached in and grabbed his food, took a few bites, then left his truck to go back into the MacDonalds. All while I was sitting behind him waiting. Oh yeah, he was actually blocking 2 pumps the whole time.
These ICEers are just plain uncivilized. Glad I don't have to deal with them except on rare occasions.

Reactions: GtiMart
I have experienced the one with the tractor trailer, and they are usually in and out quickly, so they don't stress me much, I do like the solution of parking parallel to it. I might have done the same with the horse trailer, just on the grass on other side of the chargers.

The Tesla with the cord leaned against the car is funny and technically NOT breaking the rules.

The truck straddling two Tesla spaces with the engine running may not be either. A truck that is larger than the available spaces will often have to resort to taking two spaces, and the snow is covering the signs so who knows if they say 30 Min. General Parking on them. Several near me do. And if it was that cold they HAVE to run the engine, they don't have giant batteries pushing heat pumps to stay warm the way we do.

All that being said, I would report them to Tesla, so that the appropriate actions can be taken. I once came upon the Leavenworth, WA Supercharger on a Friday night when the teen ruffians thought blocking the chargers would be fun. Sitting on the hoods of their pickups or driving back and forth with their 'mericun flags mounted in the beds...

Seemed like they were seriously ready for a fight, but since I saw them first I hung back and reconnoitered. About 20 minutes after I got there the girls were getting bored and the whole group left together, I guess they never saw an electric car that evening (true of many remote EV charge stations). Poor babies. It was a long way to the next charger and I would not have made it, but it all worked out. I had been thinking about calling the cops on them, not sure whose side they would have been on.

Unfortunately too common. Was on Merritt Pkwy Greenwich south (Connecticut). Only for SC's to start. Idiot in a Honda is blocking one. By the time I got out he was gone but all four slots full and a car waiting.

Wonder how they would feel if we blocked gas pumps with Teslas....

Unfortunately too common. Was on Merritt Pkwy Greenwich south (Connecticut). Only for SC's to start. Idiot in a Honda is blocking one. By the time I got out he was gone but all four slots full and a car waiting.

Wonder how they would feel if we blocked gas pumps with Teslas....
They're such idiots they block their own pumps. People parking at pumps while they shop burns me up ALMOST as much as people cruising in the left lane.