Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger @ 2/25 - Model 3 Owner Blocks Stall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2/25 of the chargers were open and this guy decided that he was too good to park anywhere else in the Santa Row parking complex. Not only was he blocking the charger, he had pulled forward just enough so that the charger wouldn't reach to plug him in, which is what you should do in this situation imo.

It kind of drove me nuts, to see another Tesla owner utilizing a supercharger spot just for the privilege of parking. I guess we're going to start seeing more of this as more scum bags enter the ownership pool.

Is there an appropriate action to take here? Leave a note? Call Tesla? Any advice?

...Is there an appropriate action to take here? Leave a note? Call Tesla? Any advice?

I would leave a note. Some people just don't realize their actions can affect others until they are reminded.

Calling Tesla would be appropriate when all stalls are filled and there's a car or more waiting. You might need to read the VIN so the operator can call the owner.

Some people won't change their behaviors unless Tesla is willing to post a sign with fines for parking without charging and towing when the station is full.

2/25 of the chargers were open and this guy decided that he was too good to park anywhere else in the Santa Row parking complex. Not only was he blocking the charger, he had pulled forward just enough so that the charger wouldn't reach to plug him in, which is what you should do in this situation imo.

It kind of drove me nuts, to see another Tesla owner utilizing a supercharger spot just for the privilege of parking. I guess we're going to start seeing more of this as more scum bags enter the ownership pool.

Is there an appropriate action to take here? Leave a note? Call Tesla? Any advice?
Bad thing to do, but plug him in? I can’t do that to my own 3 without slightly opening a door. No action needed. Some day an even worse person will vandalize or key his car. Karma is a beetch

Bad thing to do, but plug him in? I can’t do that to my own 3 without slightly opening a door. No action needed. Some day an even worse person will vandalize or key his car. Karma is a beetch

Yeah I wanted to plug him in but he was pulled out just far enough to not reach.

I need to start carrying around sticky notes or something to leave a reminder that he is affecting others.

I've seen that a few times in our area; not yet at a SC but at ChargePoint stalls. When I've hung around to confront them it always been a foreigner who either doesn't speak English or is at least pretending they don't speak English. Maybe you could try posting this photo on your local Tesla interest Community sites. So maybe if somebody locally knows them then they can be shamed personally.