Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are the stalls as of this morning, Nov 2 - (still uncompleted)

IMG_6355.jpg
IMG_6354.jpg

Well as it is now, the new Fremont service center is warning customers that they are unable to charge their vehicles being serviced there. Fortunately for me I already anticipated this and had my vehicle well charged before I brought it in for it's annual service. I told them not to worry about it, but I am certain others may not be so tolerant. As it was, they are using gasoline vehicles as rental vehicles instead of having EVs available and this Service Center is already too crowded and badly designed for the task of servicing an ever growing fleet of electric vehicles. I suspect they will need a larger service center in the not too distant future, perhaps one they plan to construct near the Factory itself (about the only place with ample space and parking to handing the influx).

First off, let me state "Sorry for the rant" in advance. Just need to express

Although it has been confirmed for a while that this is now the location of the new Fremont Service center (opened back in September 2017), the half-assembled 20 superchargers sitting out front remain incomplete, a testament to the uncertainty of this site's purpose (I mean the Supercharger stalls themselves, not the service center locations).

The duration is now up to 773 days since first reported.
From and including: Wednesday, October 14, 2015
To and including: Friday, November 24, 2017

Result: 773 days

Many other sites, including the 40-stall Mega-Superchargers at Baker and Kettleman City have been completed in as little as two months, making this site a curious anomaly.

Best if the TMC forum moderators move the "Fremont #2" label on the Supercharger Progress page to The Fremont Hub Superchargers which are indeed going online within a few days, and rename this thread to being just the Fremont service center, as that is all it is foreseen as being feasible of given their apparent lack of attention or effort to complete it.

If Tesla corp had found out this site was not useful early on, why not go ahead and tear down or recycle the equipment out front for other sites in greater need of the same materials, it may get one or two other SC locations online that much faster. Keeping us (and their customers) in suspense about this site's accessibility seems only counter-productive now adding to an already congested area.

Once the model 3's are shipping in greater numbers (say by the end of next year), then just perhaps they may either enable this site, or simply fence it off and reserve it only for service center customers or delivery vehicles. No obvious intention of completion appears in the near future though.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Best if the TMC forum moderators move the "Fremont #2" label on the Supercharger Progress page to The Fremont Hub Superchargers which are indeed going online within a few days, and rename this thread to being just the Fremont service center, as that is all it is foreseen as being feasible of given their apparent lack of attention or effort to complete it.
Once we have solid evidence as to the purpose of these partially completed Supercharger stalls the thread title will be revised to reflect that. All I know for sure right now is that there are 20 incomplete non-operational Supercharger stalls at 47400 Kato Road in Fremont. And that is what it says in the thread title. It does not state that in the future this will be a Supercharger site open to Tesla owners.

These Supercharger pedestals are the older design where they are cemented into the ground. The newer design is bolted to the cement, in which case, they could be easily removed and deployed elsewhere. As it is, there's not much they can do with these inactive Supercharger stalls. Clearly the skins can, or have already been, used elsewhere.

Plenty of reasons to leave it as is... most of the cost is trenching and installing the conduits / getting the power installed. Removing that is not cost effective if there is any possibility of finishing the site in the future. When tesla vacates the site, then he landlord and Tesla get to choose what happens.

For all we know, PG&E said there was power, then a neighbor got more power installed, and suddenly PG&E said “sorry” we don’t have 1.5 megawatts available at this location, unless you pay us too much money. Also remember the Model 3 launch event... 20 superchargers at the back of the tesla factory