Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any solar at the factory? (I realize this thread is derailed now)
There’s no solar at the factory.
But the building where this supercharger is located has solar
I seem to recall someone saying that Tesla "can't" as the roof isn't designed to withstand the extra weight of a solar install.
I just checked and the building where these superchargers are located has a lot of solar panels on the roof.

• Informative
Reactions: Cosmacelf
Just got the email below. I wonder if this is to facilitate opening a SC there instead or to help open this one. Or it could be unrelated.

Hello,
The Tesla Service Team wanted to let you know that as of Friday 6/8/2018 we will be moving to a new location.
Don't worry, it's less than one mile down the road from where we already are.
The new address for Fremont Service will be 1220 Page Ave. on the corner of Page and Kato Rd. Look for the building painted in our traditional colors of white, red, and gray.
Thank you.
Fremont Service
1220 Page Avenue, Fremont CA

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
Just got the email below. I wonder if this is to facilitate opening a SC there instead or to help open this one. Or it could be unrelated.

Hello,
The Tesla Service Team wanted to let you know that as of Friday 6/8/2018 we will be moving to a new location.
Don't worry, it's less than one mile down the road from where we already are.
The new address for Fremont Service will be 1220 Page Ave. on the corner of Page and Kato Rd. Look for the building painted in our traditional colors of white, red, and gray.
Thank you.
Fremont Service
1220 Page Avenue, Fremont CA
Interesting... Google Street view already shows a fleet of Teslas at that location in the back.
2018-06-07_13-14-34.jpg

The non-functional pedestals were clearly visible from the road. Based on these two posts I’m moving this thread out of the Supercharger forum. There is no evidence that this site is going to be a functioning Supercharger location in the near future; it appears that at one time it was planned to be, but apparently plans have changed.
Went past here yesterday and didn't see any pedestals anymore. It's possible I missed them, but they've been clearly visible in the past.
Can anyone else confirm whether they're still there or not?
I drove by them on 880 yesterday and did not notice the pedestals there anymore either. No pedestals. No frame. No markings. Nothing.

The non-functional pedestals were clearly visible from the road. Based on these two posts I’m moving this thread out of the Supercharger forum. There is no evidence that this site is going to be a functioning Supercharger location in the near future; it appears that at one time it was planned to be, but apparently plans have changed.
Yea... Sad, but it is what it is. Maybe someday we'll learn what the original plan was that obviously has changed.

This drone flyover from June 2018 shows the area now covered with large tents, so hard to see if it's active.
The drone fly over some of the train track, I seems that the big "Y" at the 3:20 time seems to have been toned down.
I wonder if they are still using at all the train track?
Also, on this video, we can still see some parked train with 'Autorack' type of rolling stock railroad cars.

Note: Since there is no oil pan, the car could easily be stacked vertically using the Vert-a-Pac method!

The drone fly over some of the train track, I seems that the big "Y" at the 3:20 time seems to have been toned down.
I wonder if they are still using at all the train track?
Also, on this video, we can still see some parked train with 'Autorack' type of rolling stock railroad cars.

Note: Since there is no oil pan, the car could easily be stacked vertically using the Vert-a-Pac method!
They are not using the train tracks at all anymore, which is sad. Especially with the volume of cars they could move out of the location using rail in addition to traditional Semi-truck car carriers.

No oil, but the batteries do have liquid coolant, not sure how that would react to being stacked.