TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger 47400 Kato Road, Fremont (Started Oct 2014 but not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by mai, Oct 14, 2015.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
  2. Darksoldier360

3. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

• Informative x 1
  4. ecarfan

Interesting. They extended the delivery event into Monday saying only RWD cars will be available. Did anyone on TMC go and check things out on Monday?

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. FlatSix911

More information here from Electrek... Tesla releases first glimpse of Supercharger V3 ahead of launch in Fremont

Tesla has been inviting Model 3 owners who are part of the Early Access Program to experience Supercharger V3 in Fremont tonight. In the invite, they released a glimpsed of the Supercharger V3 – pictured above . – and they wrote:

“As an Early Access Program member, you’re invited to experience the next generation of long-distance travel by V3 Supercharging your Model 3.”

[​IMG]

7. FlatSix911

Another update... https://electrek.co/2019/03/06/tesla-supercharger-v3-kw-capacity-efficiency/

In Fremont today, Tesla is launching the next generation Supercharger V3 with higher charging capacity (250 kW), better efficiency, and more. Some of the most important points:
    • 250 kW peak power without powershare between stations
    • Just for Model 3 vehicles after software update for now
    • Model S and Model X to follow later – again through software
    • First non-beta stations coming in Q2
    Tesla announced that new Supercharger is able to deliver a new 250 kW of peak power thanks to an “all-new liquid cooled cable design.”

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Does anyone think this site can be added to supercharge.info as a “limited access” location for now?

9. ecarfan

@FlatSix911 you seem to be saying that the four new V3 Supercharger pedestals are located at 47400 Kato Road, is that right? In the announcement Tesla sent out, I do not see an address.

10. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Right, and the in-car screenshots I've seen floating around the InterTubes (maybe it's all the same picture?) don't show an address more specific than "Kato Rd."

Bruce.

11. miimura

miimura Active Member

The last permit related to Superchargers at 47400 Kato Rd was finaled on 3/1/2018. Due to the fact that the V3 pedestal looks pretty much the same as V2, this may be been in place for a year undergoing testing. My understanding is that these are close to the building, not the abandoned ones along the road. They were also issue a permit for a "Parking security gate" at the end of January, 2019. Most of the other permits are for labs. NVH, anechoic chamber, antenna chamber, dyno, etc.

12. privater

privater 2016 Model S and 2017 Model 3 owner

v3 Test site is here, but I don't think it will open to public, it's basically an Tesla office building and warehouse, not suitable for public access.

• Informative x 1
  13. ecarfan

Okay, thanks for the info. I will update the thread title. And I suppose this thread should be moved back to the California Superchargers forum even though this is not a location open to the public.

14. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I’m surprised we haven’t seen more photos of this (the site in general) from the launch event. Has anyone been back? Are the stalls visible from the street (back when this was a half-built site they were visible on google street view). Have people who recieved the update before attending the event been able to access the site since?

Does anyone think this site can be added to supercharge.info as a “limited access” location for now?

• Like x 1
  15. rrosenbl

rrosenbl Member

Here's a periscope of the v3 event Wed night that gives you a look about: tesla_raj @tesla_raj
    Enjoy, Robert

• Like x 2
  16. ecarfan

#336 ecarfan, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Thanks for posting that. It’s fun to see how enthusiastic @tesla_raj is about those high charge rates.:cool: And I liked his measurement unit of the new cable thickness: “one finger length”.

• Like x 2
  17. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

So now that I have 19.8.3 which is GREATER than 7.11, shouldn't I be able to charge my TM3 now? Is this site available?

-Randy

18. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

No, everything we have seen is that only 2019.7.11 has the V3 Supercharger support. (Have you seen release notes showing V3 support yet? (You can see them here: 2019.7.11)

19. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member