Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few photos!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The supercharger site is progressing. The utility cabinets, superchargers and perhaps bi-directional battery packs will be in the center of the twenty supercharging pedestals. The pedestals themselves still need basic wiring, covers, striping etc. we are weeks away from completion. Obviously no transformer on site at this point. All in all its coming together!

Tesla's building is progressing as well. It's painted; finishing touches of landscaping etc. are in work.

What is the Tesla building going to be used for? Is this just a showroom/service center or something else?

Maybe an owners lounge open 24/7 like Monterey? For 20 stalls this would be nice:smile:

Meanwhile back at Fremont #1 on Sun Nov 1st 11 am they are having a grand RE opening celebration of the NEW delivery center / showroom they have been remodeling for weeks now.

Maybe an owners lounge open 24/7 like Monterey? For 20 stalls this would be nice:smile:

Meanwhile back at Fremont #1 on Sun Nov 1st 11 am they are having a grand RE opening celebration of the NEW delivery center / showroom they have been remodeling for weeks now.

Like Monterey? The two times I've been there at night, it was locked. Supposedly you're supposed to get texted the code to open the door but that never happened for me or anyone else there at the time. I called the supercharging team and they knew nothing of it. It sucked because we needed to use the restroom and had to make a different stop and take more time. The Seaside location so far has been the worst charging experience of the 20 or so superchargers we've been to.

Like Monterey? The two times I've been there at night, it was locked. Supposedly you're supposed to get texted the code to open the door but that never happened for me or anyone else there at the time. I called the supercharging team and they knew nothing of it. It sucked because we needed to use the restroom and had to make a different stop and take more time.
Did you check the onscreen Nav? The details box about the Supercharger is where the code appears, for some of these all-night code-key lounges...

Like Monterey? The two times I've been there at night, it was locked. Supposedly you're supposed to get texted the code to open the door but that never happened for me or anyone else there at the time. I called the supercharging team and they knew nothing of it. It sucked because we needed to use the restroom and had to make a different stop and take more time. The Seaside location so far has been the worst charging experience of the 20 or so superchargers we've been to.

FYI - Costco is right across the parking lot if you need relief.

Did you check the onscreen Nav? The details box about the Supercharger is where the code appears, for some of these all-night code-key lounges...

Good tip - thanks.

What is the Tesla building going to be used for? Is this just a showroom/service center or something else?

From the planning document here:http://www.fremont.gov/DocumentCenter/View/27724

Office - 93,500 square feet: The office area would be an open design that includes conference rooms and a lobby area. The applicant has indicated the office area would be used for service support, sales, general office and administrative uses. The office area is anticipated to accommodate approximately 700 people.

Mezzanine – 9,975 square feet: The building is currently single-story; however the applicant is proposing to construct a mezzanine within the existing building that would result in an additional 9,775 square feet of floor area. The mezzanine area would be used as conference space and lounge area for employees. The total office area would be 103,475 square feet with the addition of the Mezzanine.

Automotive Showroom – 4,500 square feet: The showroom would provide a display area for three cars and include a lounge area for sales customers and patrons utilizing the onsite charging stations. A total of 20 super charger stations would be added to the parking lot as part of the tenant improvements. The sale of electric vehicles is a permitted use in the I-R District.

Service Center - 30,400 square feet: The automotive service center would include 25 car lifts for the service and repair of Tesla electric vehicles. The service of electric vehicles is a permitted use in the I-R District.

Service Training – 43,700 square feet: The service training area would include a service engineering space with seven lifts and six service training bays with two lifts each and seating area for 12 employees. This service training area would be used to train staff before they join service center. The service training area is considered ancillary to the service center, which is a permitted use in the I-R District.

Warehouse – 120,000 square feet: The warehouse will used for the storage of automotive parts.

Employee Amenities – 20,600 square feet: A café and gym would be provided for the use of employees. The café and gym would not be open to the public. These facilities are considered an Accessory use that is appropriate, subordinate and customarily incidental to the principal use.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand