TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger 47400 Kato Road, Fremont (Started Oct 2014 but not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by mai, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Owner

Owner Active Member

I noticed that at Dublin where I charged yesterday they area also pull forward. They are easier to use and work great where it does not snow.

2. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

OK this is going to sound really stupid, but what does snow have to do with pull-forward vs. back-in stalls?

(Life-long Central California and Bay Area resident here.)

3. siucity

siucity Button Pusher

My thought is that with back-in stalls, the units are not in the way of snow plows.

4. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler We Are Cognitive Dissidents

Plow. N. An outdoor Zamboni, sort of.

Homer is Mr. Plow

5. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Exactly! With no obstacles in the parking area, it is much easier for a snow plow to clear the snow without picking its way around the Supercharger Pedestals. There is also less risk for damage.

6. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

siucity, SW2Fiddler, Cottonwood: Got it, thanks. Clearly I have led a sheltered life. :)

• Like x 1
  7. Owner

Owner Active Member

As a native Californian myself, I only know this as it was pointed out to before on the forum. And clearly Tesla did not realize this at first either (I think). So the original design works great in non-snowy CA

8. Tyl

Tyl Member

#28 Tyl, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Whoa !!! Twenty superchargers in a row!! Now that's impressive! Hit the Drive-thru first.. :)

9. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

This is one SC I will have to visit! can't wait for it to be completed.

10. Tyl

Tyl Member

A few photos!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg
    The supercharger site is progressing. The utility cabinets, superchargers and perhaps bi-directional battery packs will be in the center of the twenty supercharging pedestals. The pedestals themselves still need basic wiring, covers, striping etc. we are weeks away from completion. Obviously no transformer on site at this point. All in all its coming together!

Tesla's building is progressing as well. It's painted; finishing touches of landscaping etc. are in work.

11. glenhurst

glenhurst Member

What is the Tesla building going to be used for? Is this just a showroom/service center or something else?

12. kwoo4424

kwoo4424 Member

Maybe an owners lounge open 24/7 like Monterey? For 20 stalls this would be nice:smile:

Meanwhile back at Fremont #1 on Sun Nov 1st 11 am they are having a grand RE opening celebration of the NEW delivery center / showroom they have been remodeling for weeks now.

13. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

This is great news ... thanks to Tesla Motors

14. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Like Monterey? The two times I've been there at night, it was locked. Supposedly you're supposed to get texted the code to open the door but that never happened for me or anyone else there at the time. I called the supercharging team and they knew nothing of it. It sucked because we needed to use the restroom and had to make a different stop and take more time. The Seaside location so far has been the worst charging experience of the 20 or so superchargers we've been to.

15. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler We Are Cognitive Dissidents

Did you check the onscreen Nav? The details box about the Supercharger is where the code appears, for some of these all-night code-key lounges...

16. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

FYI - Costco is right across the parking lot if you need relief.

Good tip - thanks.

17. dbfish

dbfish Member

From the planning document here:http://www.fremont.gov/DocumentCenter/View/27724

Office - 93,500 square feet: The office area would be an open design that includes conference rooms and a lobby area. The applicant has indicated the office area would be used for service support, sales, general office and administrative uses. The office area is anticipated to accommodate approximately 700 people.

Mezzanine – 9,975 square feet: The building is currently single-story; however the applicant is proposing to construct a mezzanine within the existing building that would result in an additional 9,775 square feet of floor area. The mezzanine area would be used as conference space and lounge area for employees. The total office area would be 103,475 square feet with the addition of the Mezzanine.

Automotive Showroom – 4,500 square feet: The showroom would provide a display area for three cars and include a lounge area for sales customers and patrons utilizing the onsite charging stations. A total of 20 super charger stations would be added to the parking lot as part of the tenant improvements. The sale of electric vehicles is a permitted use in the I-R District.

Service Center - 30,400 square feet: The automotive service center would include 25 car lifts for the service and repair of Tesla electric vehicles. The service of electric vehicles is a permitted use in the I-R District.

Service Training – 43,700 square feet: The service training area would include a service engineering space with seven lifts and six service training bays with two lifts each and seating area for 12 employees. This service training area would be used to train staff before they join service center. The service training area is considered ancillary to the service center, which is a permitted use in the I-R District.

Warehouse – 120,000 square feet: The warehouse will used for the storage of automotive parts.

Employee Amenities – 20,600 square feet: A café and gym would be provided for the use of employees. The café and gym would not be open to the public. These facilities are considered an Accessory use that is appropriate, subordinate and customarily incidental to the principal use.

• Informative x 1
  18. Owner

Owner Active Member

I had heard a long time ago they wanted to move Fremont service out of the factory to give the space back to the factory.

19. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Well-Known Member

That's a big warehouse. I'm guessing they've been using part of the factory as a de facto warehouse, and as Model 3 ramps up, they've got to warehouse elsewhere...

20. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Based on that description it seems even more likely that the current Superchargers at the factory will be closed to public use and the new Superchargers will be the Fremont Supercharger location.