Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - 47400 Kato Rd (not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Great find on the planning documents ...

Tesla Kato Rd Fremont.PNG

Last edited:
IMO from reading postings here:

Fremont #1 will be for new owner's / deliveries- those 12 Superchargers dedicated for them. Hopefully 2016 will be busy yr with Model X's ramping up.

Fremont #2 will be for travelling owners ( 20 stalls) - and a convenience lounge in daytime ( open evening hrs with code?). THis can also be a megawarehouse for
parts / & batteries when Gigafactory operational & frees up factory space.

Fremont Service will move over to Fremont #2 and free up more space back to the Factory.

CPO's will be transported up the road to Dublin where they have plenty of parking.

A few more photos of 'Tesla's Kato Facility' (Tesla's name for this facility). Wet day here today. It rained most of the morning.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.png

We are about 4-5 weeks from being operational. The lot was striped the other day. It's evident much more to be done. The fourth picture shows the proposed show room/ lounge for those who will 'soon' supercharge here. (see building plans above)

A few more photos of 'Tesla's Kato Facility' (Tesla's name for this facility). Wet day here today. It rained most of the morning.

View attachment 99875

We are about 4-5 weeks from being operational. The lot was striped the other day. It's evident much more to be done. The fourth picture shows the proposed show room/ lounge for those who will 'soon' supercharge here. (see building plans above)

I love the conduit setup for 10 Supercharger Cabinets feeding 20 Charging Pedestals!

Let's see 135 kW DC out Superchargers need 150 kW AC in. 10 of those is 1,500 kW or 1.5 MW in. I would guess that they will install a 1,500 kVA transformer, but let's see.

It almost doesn't look like that pad area is big enough for 10 SpC cabinets, let alone any battery storage. And where is that huge transformer going to go? Surely they aren't going to run hundreds of feet of 480v cable to put it elsewhere?

It almost doesn't look like that pad area is big enough for 10 SpC cabinets, let alone any battery storage. And where is that huge transformer going to go? Surely they aren't going to run hundreds of feet of 480v cable to put it elsewhere?

I was thinking the same. Definitely going to be curious as to how this site comes together. Perhaps with 20 stalls they're tying more to each cabinet? Like, instead of just 1A and 1B maybe this site will have 1A 1B 1C 1D or something?

I was thinking the same. Definitely going to be curious as to how this site comes together. Perhaps with 20 stalls they're tying more to each cabinet? Like, instead of just 1A and 1B maybe this site will have 1A 1B 1C 1D or something?
Wouldn't that mean the superchargers would charge the car at a slightly faster rate than a HPWC if all 4 are plugged in?
Would have been much cheaper to install 20 HPWC's

Wouldn't that mean the superchargers would charge the car at a slightly faster rate than a HPWC if all 4 are plugged in?
Would have been much cheaper to install 20 HPWC's

Not necessarily. The current cabinets don't support more than two, so perhaps a quad cabinet would have a higher total capacity. Either that or it would just support proper queuing.

Not necessarily. The current cabinets don't support more than two, so perhaps a quad cabinet would have a higher total capacity. Either that or it would just support proper queuing.
A quad cabinet would work, if that's something Tesla has created.
I have never heard of them using such cabinets, I'm thinking this will be a standard site, 10 cabinets serving 20 stalls.

A quad cabinet would work, if that's something Tesla has created.
I have never heard of them using such cabinets, I'm thinking this will be a standard site, 10 cabinets serving 20 stalls.

See the picture below. In the array of conduits, the two rows in the back are 10 triplets for 10 cabinets. In the foreground, on the left, is where the main 277/480 Volt connections come in, and on the right where the 10 277/480 Volt connections go to the 10 Supercharger Cabinets from the Distribution Center.

It's pretty clear from this picture that this site will have 10 Supercharger Cabinets serving 20 Supercharger Pedestals. There is no evidence, and only speculation, that Tesla has built Superchargers serving four Stalls.

View attachment 99875