TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger 47400 Kato Road, Fremont (Started Oct 2014 but not completed, V3 test site Mar 2019)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by mai, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Owner

Owner Active Member

They might just be used for delivering new cars etc..

2. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Yes. When I called the supercharger team they asked me to check that and there was no code. Others who were calling while I was there were asked the same thing.

3. stevej119

stevej119 Member

Costco is only open until 6 pm on weekends and 8:30 pm on weeknights.

4. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

#44 FlatSix911, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  5. kwoo4424

kwoo4424 Member

IMO from reading postings here:

Fremont #1 will be for new owner's / deliveries- those 12 Superchargers dedicated for them. Hopefully 2016 will be busy yr with Model X's ramping up.

Fremont #2 will be for travelling owners ( 20 stalls) - and a convenience lounge in daytime ( open evening hrs with code?). THis can also be a megawarehouse for
    parts / & batteries when Gigafactory operational & frees up factory space.

Fremont Service will move over to Fremont #2 and free up more space back to the Factory.

CPO's will be transported up the road to Dublin where they have plenty of parking.

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

Fremont 1 indicated to me today that Fremont 1 will remain open to the public along with Fremont 2. Today's pictures!
    image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

7. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Right now deliveries already have priority at Fremont 1. It's possible they won't formally close it to the public, but figure most people will just go to Fremont 2 since it's much more likely you will find an open spot.

8. ronniemarlow3

ronniemarlow3 Member

Amazing. I got to go to Fremont and take a picture? With my Tesla Model 3 and shop.

9. Tyl

Tyl Member

A few more photos of 'Tesla's Kato Facility' (Tesla's name for this facility). Wet day here today. It rained most of the morning.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpeg image.png
    We are about 4-5 weeks from being operational. The lot was striped the other day. It's evident much more to be done. The fourth picture shows the proposed show room/ lounge for those who will 'soon' supercharge here. (see building plans above)

10. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I love the conduit setup for 10 Supercharger Cabinets feeding 20 Charging Pedestals!

Let's see 135 kW DC out Superchargers need 150 kW AC in. 10 of those is 1,500 kW or 1.5 MW in. I would guess that they will install a 1,500 kVA transformer, but let's see.

11. Tyl

Tyl Member

It's interesting also that the conduits set up for the utility cabinets on the north side only have eight conduits for four superchargers (four doubles). The south side has ten conduits for five superchargers (five doubles).

12. Ingineer

Ingineer Electrical Engineer

It almost doesn't look like that pad area is big enough for 10 SpC cabinets, let alone any battery storage. And where is that huge transformer going to go? Surely they aren't going to run hundreds of feet of 480v cable to put it elsewhere?

13. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

All those stalls in a row is sure impressive. Great pics, Tyl. I wonder how the A-B pairing will go on those?

14. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

I was thinking the same. Definitely going to be curious as to how this site comes together. Perhaps with 20 stalls they're tying more to each cabinet? Like, instead of just 1A and 1B maybe this site will have 1A 1B 1C 1D or something?

15. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Wouldn't that mean the superchargers would charge the car at a slightly faster rate than a HPWC if all 4 are plugged in?
    Would have been much cheaper to install 20 HPWC's

16. Ingineer

Ingineer Electrical Engineer

I seriously doubt they will put 4 stalls on one cabinet. I guess we'll see soon!

17. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Not necessarily. The current cabinets don't support more than two, so perhaps a quad cabinet would have a higher total capacity. Either that or it would just support proper queuing.

18. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

A quad cabinet would work, if that's something Tesla has created.
    I have never heard of them using such cabinets, I'm thinking this will be a standard site, 10 cabinets serving 20 stalls.

19. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

See the picture below. In the array of conduits, the two rows in the back are 10 triplets for 10 cabinets. In the foreground, on the left, is where the main 277/480 Volt connections come in, and on the right where the 10 277/480 Volt connections go to the 10 Supercharger Cabinets from the Distribution Center.

It's pretty clear from this picture that this site will have 10 Supercharger Cabinets serving 20 Supercharger Pedestals. There is no evidence, and only speculation, that Tesla has built Superchargers serving four Stalls.

20. Tyl

Tyl Member

#60 Tyl, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    This afternoons photos. PG&E on site wiring up the transformer?? and additional wiring. Through the looking glass at the interior. Better view of conduit set up.
    image.jpg image.jpeg image.png image.png image.jpg