Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abbotsford, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy I stumbled on this thread. I recently got my 2020 S and went out here a month ago. I couldn’t find the stalls. But next time I will know and all this great info about low and warm battery is helpful. As a new Tesla owner I’m still learning all these details. Been going to the Guildford site a couple of times, and get the max 72kWh. Still wished they updated these to at least 150kWh. I’ll have to organize a road trip to try these new stalls out one day.

There have been charging issues with some of the stalls at Abbotsford (I tried 4 stalls and had an error message that said disconnect and retry charger). I contacted the Vancouver Mobile Service and they ran logs that said everything is okay with my X. I charged no problem at Guildford. If you get an error message, switch stalls until you find one that works. 1A, 1B, 1C, and 2C would not work. 3A worked for me. The numbers are written on the inside of the stalls with a sharpie temporarily.

I had this issue a few weeks ago, and just moved to the other end of the charging stack and it worked. Was pulling 163KW on a 2019 MX, so not bad when they work!

Happy I stumbled on this thread. I recently got my 2020 S and went out here a month ago. I couldn’t find the stalls. But next time I will know and all this great info about low and warm battery is helpful. As a new Tesla owner I’m still learning all these details. Been going to the Guildford site a couple of times, and get the max 72kWh. Still wished they updated these to at least 150kWh. I’ll have to organize a road trip to try these new stalls out one day.

They we're also very hard to find and no signage at all that I saw to direct to the charging location!

Reactions: serpico007
Last edited:
it is way too early but just saw from Vancouver facebook group that Cottonwood mall in Chilliwak just signed a contract for a few superchargers.
It's way too early in the process so it's gonna be a while before permit/construction but thought I would share anyways.
Yeah, apparently the deal just got signed it will be a while. If anyone lives near there, they could scout the area.

Thanks, guys!

Yes there are so many Tesla’s in this area now. Not just myself but both of my brothers, few friends and all the 3’s and Y’s are nuts.

Definitely. We still haven't ordered our MY yet (delayed due to various life circumstances, but shouldn't be much longer), but every time I'm out on errands or on my way to and from downtown on the 99, I see a boatload of Teslas! M3 mostly, followed by MS, then MX, then MY (but these are slowly picking up in the area too).

Love the V3 250kW charger.

It’s been quite busy at this location lately and almost full on the weekends. I momentarily got up to 249kW before it throttled down and I wasn’t quick enough to take a pic. Got a pic at 245kW with a relatively warm battery from preconditioning and few launches before arriving at the charger.

Attachments

• C4AD7A9C-B3F0-4D81-B1D6-D6E49DD7BF57.jpeg
    C4AD7A9C-B3F0-4D81-B1D6-D6E49DD7BF57.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 76
I can't wait until the White Rock location opens up so it's closer to me. Driving over to this or other locations lately is full by the time I arrive. Surrey old location is packed all the time now. Recently I just charge at home instead even though it's free for me to use the Supercharger. Luckily I always have enough juice to get home.