Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abbotsford, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any V3 (or even V2 150kw) installs in underground/parking garages? All I’ve seen are urban 72kw
Yeah, it's kind of unusual in the US/Canada. But there are a number of 150 kW superchargers in such garages. Annapolis, MD is one I can think of off the top of my head. While that one opened relatively recently, I would bet that most of the others were probably planned/installed before Tesla fully rolled out the urban superchargers.

No progress today, but the stalls are pretty tight as I drove my Tundra to pre-ICE a spot.

Attachments

• EF5A924D-869D-4916-AE26-151B861AF603.jpeg
    EF5A924D-869D-4916-AE26-151B861AF603.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 179
  • E7DB7BB7-A7DD-4DFE-B58E-FF9F5ECA26E1.jpeg
    E7DB7BB7-A7DD-4DFE-B58E-FF9F5ECA26E1.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 171
  • 47275173-ECE8-4B7D-A801-99CD1692F8F6.jpeg
    47275173-ECE8-4B7D-A801-99CD1692F8F6.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 171
Abbotsford, BC

Along National Highways: TCH/BC-1
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): None

TCH/BC-1:

To: Hope, BC - 89.4 km
Diversion: 1.8 km
To: Kamloops, BC - 360.9 km*

To: Merritt, BC (TCH/BC-1, BC-5) - 209.1 km*

A Supercharger on the TCH east of Vancouver, BC providing density and capacity.

* Kamloops, BC is the next Supercharger on the TCH after Hope, BC, but the faster, more direct route is to take BC-5 and pass through Merritt, BC

Merritt is the next SuperCharger after Hope, BC.
Surrey, BC SuperCharger is west of Abbotsford,BC.
There is a ferry $$$$ between Victoria BC SuperCharger (72kw UrbanChargers).
Tsawwassen SuperCharger (at the Mall next to BC Ferries) is a better start for continental Canada travelling.

• Love
Reactions: thor_2019
Busy parking lot tonight with the release of the new Star Wars movie. Looks like the smaller cabinets were unboxed and installed, but no signs of the pedestals or larger cabinets. Probably won’t get finished at Highstreet until the workers complete the Surrey Supercharger.

Attachments

• 59706406-CD8A-4113-A00B-048B923C53AF.jpeg
    59706406-CD8A-4113-A00B-048B923C53AF.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 129
Hi, wondering if there's any updates on this site? Sounds like it's close. I have a trip to Mt Baker coming up in a couple weeks and trying to plan it out. This site would really help!
Took a look on my way back from work today. No new progress to report. If they can get the rest of the equipment, I'd say they have at least 3-5 full days worth of work to finish the install of the charger. No idea what sort of commissioning process Tesla has once the base install has happened. I'd recommend not planning on using this location for your trip. If you have the CHAdeMO adapter, there is a level 3 charger close to the Sumas border crossing at the EcoDairy that may be of use.

Thanks for the update. Sadly I don't have the CHAdeMO adapter and looks like they're not easily available. The whole area around Mt. Baker looks like a bit of a dead zone for charging, and not sure I should risk it from the Surrey supercharger to Mt. Baker for a couple days and back. There's a chance I may be able to stay at a place and use 110V trickle charge, otherwise I may have to take another vehicle :(

Thanks for the update. Sadly I don't have the CHAdeMO adapter and looks like they're not easily available. The whole area around Mt. Baker looks like a bit of a dead zone for charging, and not sure I should risk it from the Surrey supercharger to Mt. Baker for a couple days and back. There's a chance I may be able to stay at a place and use 110V trickle charge, otherwise I may have to take another vehicle :(

There are a couple of level 2 chargers at Highstreet and I highly recommend going to Brodeur’s Bistro for a bite/drink and using their level 2 charger on Mt Lehman road and Blueridge drive. Stay for an hour or two and you should have a few more kWh of energy to make it to Baker and back. If you have access to a 120V plugin at your destination, you should be fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. EVTripPlanner shows I should be able to get from Surrey Supercharger to Glacier, WA, do two day trips to Mt Baker Ski Area and return to the supercharger on roughly one full charge of my 2013 Model S 85 (it shows ~75kWh required). Using Blaine Supercharger as start and end point, it shows ~62 kWh usage, but there are no L2 chargers between there and Glacier for top ups.

If I can get a top up by Brodeur's Bistro on the way there and back and plug into 110V while parked overnight I should be OK.

This reminds me of a trip from Vancouver to Calgary/Drumheller that I did in 2014, before there were superchargers along the route. I haven't really had to plan out charging stops in advance like this since that trip.