Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abbotsford, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Genuinely surprised this is V3 instead of urban
Most people using this supercharger will either be leaving the metro area or crossing the border on longer trips. So I would have been surprised if it were urban. Sure, there will be some locals using it as well, but I don't think that will be the case as much as it is in Surrey and Richmond.

I got an email this week letting me know that Tesla has "Test Drive A Tesla" event coming up in Abbotsford this weekend, as prelude to the Abbotsford TSC being activated.

.... and I agree with Plus EV. This TSC will enable folks from the BC interior to top up before crossing the border south bound, and it should enable ski trips to Mt Baker for folks with longer range batteries to do it as a round trip.

I got an email this week letting me know that Tesla has "Test Drive A Tesla" event coming up in Abbotsford this weekend, as prelude to the Abbotsford TSC being activated.

.... and I agree with Plus EV. This TSC will enable folks from the BC interior to top up before crossing the border south bound, and it should enable ski trips to Mt Baker for folks with longer range batteries to do it as a round trip.

*raises hand*

I come from the interior a few times a year; coming through ~Feb 27/28 as a matter of fact! Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is working by then, will save me a ton of time on my way to visit my brother and family in the Duncan area (no need to detour north to Lantzville anymore!)

*raises hand*

I come from the interior a few times a year; coming through ~Feb 27/28 as a matter of fact! Keeping my fingers crossed that this one is working by then, will save me a ton of time on my way to visit my brother and family in the Duncan area (no need to detour north to Lantzville anymore!)

When I talked to the electrician a couple weeks back he said they should be finished with the install by the end of February, but turning on the switch may take a while like the Richmond location.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
Some progress made. The cabinets are unpacked and mounted to their pads. The coms panel is mounted. Not sure what needs to be done to finish that. Realized I could see inside the distribution cabinet, but it doesn't look like cables are pulled from the electrical room on the other side of the wall. They're probably waiting on a site shut down to tie those ones in.

20200220_103609.jpg 20200220_103616.jpg 20200220_103649.jpg