Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are a bunch of slackers!!! Was poking around the local superchargers on the map looking for Grasonville when I saw this!

@BlueShift

IMG_2536.JPG

I did a trip down to visit family in VA this weekend, on the way back up was considering stopping here just to see the new site, even though we had done a full charge in Woodbridge, VA and didn't need the juice. I saw that the in car nav was reporting it was half full, and figured I'd skip this time around. Interestingly I had to use the facilities at Newark so we stopped there and there was only one other Model S plugged in when we first arrived. When we left it was just us. So I certainly seem to think that Aberdeen is taking some pressure off of Newark. Though Newark is certainly the much larger location. Wish they had put 12 stalls at aberdeen instead of 8.

It's been awhile since I stopped there, how do the facilities compare to Newark?

Grasonville has been up for a a few weeks now. I just charged there yesterday. For some reason it does nto show on the Tesla online map, but it shows on my car nav.
Yeah, we discussed that in the Grasonville thread. Seems to be 100% now except for the 'Find Us' status. Must be a fluke. Excellent to see all the new SuC options coming online!

Reactions: DarrenK
Yeah, we discussed that in the Grasonville thread. Seems to be 100% now except for the 'Find Us' status. Must be a fluke. Excellent to see all the new SuC options coming online!
Dows Junction, Iowa is also in this same camp. Plugshare won't list the sites until they are shown as open on the "Find Us" status page. I've tried multiple times to alert Tesla without success. I'm beginning to wonder if there aren't other reasons besides being a "fluke."

Dows Junction, Iowa is also in this same camp. Plugshare won't list the sites until they are shown as open on the "Find Us" status page. I've tried multiple times to alert Tesla without success. I'm beginning to wonder if there aren't other reasons besides being a "fluke."
I was about to do this for Grasonville but it showed up... did you call the Supercharging team phone number and see what they have to say? They probably don't care as long as it's on the Nav, though.

Has anyone who has stopped here successfully gotten more than 80 kW? That's been my max charging rate both times we plugged in there this weekend.

Battery was roughly 20% full to start yesterday, and maybe 40% friday. Neither time did I get more than 80 kW.

Well, glass half full, could have been 38 kW at a CHAdeMO station that cost $11 for barely 50 miles and shuts off in 30 minutes (if it works at all)...
Most likely culprit for low charging power is a cold (or too hot) battery, and without a battery temperature indicator we are left guessing.
The other culprit is apparently utilities can curtail power use at the superchargers and once again we are left guessing.
Tesla can at least solve the guessing part by providing us with more information as to the limits and performance of the car and the station.

Reactions: Thinkje
Well, glass half full, could have been 38 kW at a CHAdeMO station that cost $11 for barely 50 miles and shuts off in 30 minutes (if it works at all)...
Most likely culprit for low charging power is a cold (or too hot) battery, and without a battery temperature indicator we are left guessing.
The other culprit is apparently utilities can curtail power use at the superchargers and once again we are left guessing.
Tesla can at least solve the guessing part by providing us with more information as to the limits and performance of the car and the station.

Yuck - mind if I ask where - if it's in the DMV area; I'd like to avoid it. I use CHAdeMO when I commute to VA and then have to drive somewhere else far in the same day.