Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aberdeen, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of interesting info in the newspaper article above:
1) An old Chevron station. That's the kind of irony that we need!
2) $30,000 grant to reimburse Tesla for adding charging stations for other EVs!

Apparently this is the location being discussed

aberdeen.JPG
Apparently this is the location being discussed

Thanks for the info and pics. This is exciting as it, along with Bandon, OR, will nearly complete highway 101 for the entire west coast.

I think eventually there will be a Supercharger in Port Angeles too. Sequim would be fine for just driving, but Port Angeles makes more sense since it has the ferry going to Victoria.

Then eventually they will probably fill in with additional Superchargers in Forks and maybe one somewhere on Kitsap Peninsula.

Lastly (heavy sigh), I would hope they would eventually put a couple in the metro area, one north of Seattle and one south of Seattle and possibly another east of Seattle heading up to Snoqualmie. Seattle continues to be the red-headed step-child of the Supercharger map. I can't think of another city of its size without a Supercharger within 70 miles.

Reactions: msgfromside3
Thanks for the pictures! Please keep the updates coming. This is a highly anticipated site for a number of us who frequent or even live on the peninsula.

Even after this is installed, there will still be a total EV "dead zone" between Aberdeen and Port Angeles. I think Forks would be a great spot for one, enabling folks to explore the Hoh Rainforest, La Push, and other surrounding attractions without having to make it back to Aberdeen or Port Angeles in order to charge.

Last edited:
Taking delivery of my X75D tomorrow. I LOVE the Olympic Peninsula and am thrilled about a Supercharger going in at Aberdeen. That opens up most of the WA coast, Quinault, and probably Kalaloch. At least it'll be accessible now!

Next step would be Forks and/or Port Angeles for the northern route and then we'll really be in good shape.

Thanks for the pictures! Please keep the updates coming. This is a highly anticipated site for a number of us who frequent or even live on the peninsula.

Even after this is installed, there will still be a total EV "dead zone" between Aberdeen and Port Angeles. I think Forks would be a great spot for one, enabling folks to explore the Hoh Rainforest, La Push, and other surrounding attractions without having to make it back to Aberdeen or Port Angeles in order to charge.
PA would make a ton of sense with the ferry terminal and what not. I've done Centralia -> PA -> Centralia and it's certainly a bit of a stretch.

PA would make a ton of sense with the ferry terminal and what not. I've done Centralia -> PA -> Centralia and it's certainly a bit of a stretch.

Yeah. The difference is at least there is a L3 option in PA (and it's free to boot), and a few L3 in Bremerton, so getting back to Centralia really isn't hard at all if you have the adapter. Between PA and Aberdeen there is literally nothing though - not even reasonable L2. I've called the lodges in between those 2 towns and none of them seem eager to accommodate a Tesla, though Lake Crescent did offer me a L1 behind a cabin (ha!).

I would love to return to Forks for some coffee and pie ;)

Seattle continues to be the red-headed step-child of the Supercharger map. I can't think of another city of its size without a Supercharger within 70 miles.

I wondered about this, so I worked it out. Here are the top 25 US cities by population, their population, and the distance to the nearest supercharger. (most of these are part of a metro area but for simplicity I ignored that.)(data is from wikipedia and supercharge.info) Plus' suspicion is almost correct: Seattle is indeed the biggest city to not have a supercharger within 45 miles, but El Paso (with about the same urban population but a much smaller metro area) has to go 445 miles.

NYC 8.5M 0 mi(JFK)
LA 4.0M 0 (several)
Chicago 2.7M 0
Houston 3.0M 0
Philadelphia 1.6M 40 miles to Newark, DE
Phoenix 1.6M 30 miles to Buckeye, AZ
San Antonio 1.5M 44 miles to San Marcos, TX
San Diego 1.4M 0 miles
Dallas 1.2M 43 miles (one is going in in Arlington)
San Jose 1.0M 12 miles (Mtn View AND Fremont)
Austin 930K 35 miles (San Marcos)
Jacksonville 870K 33 miles (St Augustine)
San Francisco 860K 20 miles
Indianapolis 850K 0
Columbus 850K 9 miles
Ft Worth 830K 40 miles
Charlotte 830K 0 miles
Seattle 680K 70 miles (Burlington)
Denver 680K 0 miles
El Paso 680K 445 miles (Albuquerque)
Detroit 680K 35 miles (Ann Arbor)
DC 670K 0 miles
Boston 670K 15 miles (Dedham)
Memphis 660K 145 miles (Miner, MO)