Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Adairsville, GA - Union Grove Rd SE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that the Tesla supercharger map now shows a planned second supercharger in Adairsville in its downtown area? I am befuddled about this one.
Don’t know if another Supercharger in the same city is a mistake or intentional, but the specific location of any “coming soon” chargers on the Tesla map is never exact. It’s only an approximation after they determine they would like to add a location in that area.

Of course, a “coming soon” location can be on the Tesla maps for years and never happen….

Has anyone noticed that the Tesla supercharger map now shows a planned second supercharger in Adairsville in its downtown area? I am befuddled about this one.

There is another Supercharger coming to Adairsville. The Find Us map places coming soon pins at the center of the name of each city/area - not the exact location. This could end up anywhere with an Adairsville address. Rare exceptions to that are turnpike travel plazas, which will occasionally show up in more precise locations.

Great info, thanks Audrey.

Once the permit shows up for it, that "Calhoun" site should probably get its own thread here.
Permit?

Construction has already begun! I took this today at Buc-ee’s at 601 Union Grove Rd SE, Adairsville, GA 30103

Looks to be like the Fort Valley GA Buc-ee’s installation. I have more info and photos I can add later.

This site deserves its own thread.

Attachments

• 61994354-FCE4-4649-A5B1-ADD401EAB68F.jpeg
    61994354-FCE4-4649-A5B1-ADD401EAB68F.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 456
  • Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
More details:

The site is clearly being prepared for installing pre-fab V3 superchargers. It’s a long section fenced off now, and DH estimates that they have room for 12 chargers.

The site is near the southwest corner of the Buc-ee’s location and this places it quite far away from any fuel pumps. This is next to the pet walk area.

Earth has been removed for a long stretch behind the curb, at a width to accommodate the pre-fab units. There is a large pile of gravel to put in this trench which is typically used as a base for these pre-fab units.

Today a crew were busy relocating the base of a light pole, to accommodate the chargers.

There also appeared to be some forms laid out for later use.

The pre-fab V3 superchargers are not there yet.

Attachments

• 9A577FAF-2E7D-4A36-8A34-07E3AEE43DF8.jpeg
    9A577FAF-2E7D-4A36-8A34-07E3AEE43DF8.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 469AE1E2-57F0-4B72-9132-A6E436901144.jpeg
    469AE1E2-57F0-4B72-9132-A6E436901144.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 104
  • B50A9E15-9ED3-4BD1-960B-C52F9ED9A643.jpeg
    B50A9E15-9ED3-4BD1-960B-C52F9ED9A643.jpeg
    633.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 18138ABB-CA7D-4B70-80FA-26B2B4E5B6BE.jpeg
    18138ABB-CA7D-4B70-80FA-26B2B4E5B6BE.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 252C4684-42CC-41DA-B974-44DE753D0D9B.jpeg
    252C4684-42CC-41DA-B974-44DE753D0D9B.jpeg
    359.4 KB · Views: 88
  • A4EFA0AD-C865-4B6C-B327-BB0E363E3602.jpeg
    A4EFA0AD-C865-4B6C-B327-BB0E363E3602.jpeg
    320.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the location but have friends that live close by. I'll be traveling to Rome, GA in about a month (although this won't be on my route).

Curious for those that know the area, any idea why the second location in Adairsville? The initial location is relatively new, right? Any issues with the first one? Just curious what folk's thoughts were on the rationale behind the second location in a relatively small town.

I'm not familiar with the location but have friends that live close by. I'll be traveling to Rome, GA in about a month (although this won't be on my route).

Curious for those that know the area, any idea why the second location in Adairsville? The initial location is relatively new, right? Any issues with the first one? Just curious what folk's thoughts were on the rationale behind the second location in a relatively small town.

Increased network capacity. I-75 is a major route in and out of Atlanta, so Tesla probably wants to beef up the infrastructure in order to support non-Tesla EV charging that is coming later this year. The existing 8-stall site in Adairsville isn't enough to keep up with what's coming.

Increased network capacity. I-75 is a major route in and out of Atlanta, so Tesla probably wants to beef up the infrastructure in order to support non-Tesla EV charging that is coming later this year. The existing 8-stall site in Adairsville isn't enough to keep up with what's coming.
Fair. Just would have thought they'd put more distance between them. Like adding one to Dalton or Cartersville. In CLT they just opened another one just a few miles away from an existing location. It's an upgrade from v2 to v3, but still an odd location to locals. Could have moved east a bit and got different traffic. Why green and not red? Oh well!

1660746160530.png

Fair. Just would have thought they'd put more distance between them. Like adding one to Dalton or Cartersville. In CLT they just opened another one just a few miles away from an existing location. It's an upgrade from v2 to v3, but still an odd location to locals. Could have moved east a bit and got different traffic. Why green and not red? Oh well!

View attachment 841905

I imagine that eventually, Tesla will have Superchargers at every major intersection along beltways like that. It's a matter of finding willing partners and getting building permits lined up, green is probably happening before red for those reasons.

Because Buc-ee's is amazing when you are road tripping. In the past, we would typically charge at the Adairsville supercharger, then stop by Buc-ee's even though we were in a Tesla instead of a ICE car. I'm sure we weren't the only ones, and I bet it showed up in the data Tesla gets from the cars. The Tesla/Buc-ee's partnership is a big win for all of us.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1

Buc-ee’s.

Because Buc-ee's is amazing when you are road tripping. In the past, we would typically charge at the Adairsville supercharger, then stop by Buc-ee's even though we were in a Tesla instead of a ICE car. I'm sure we weren't the only ones, and I bet it showed up in the data Tesla gets from the cars. The Tesla/Buc-ee's partnership is a big win for all of us.
Here in NC we have a Sheetz partnership. I love QT. How does Buc-ees compare? Same thing just different market?

Buc-ee's started out in Texas but are expanding. I've never been to a Sheetz but use QT all the time. It appears as though the newer, larger Sheetz locations are about 4,700 square-feet in size. The Calhoun store mentioned in this thread is 53,200 square feet. They're about to open a location in Tennessee that will be more than 74,000 square-feet and have 120 fueling stations.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1