Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Adelaide (SA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dual CHAdeMO and CCS-2

All new city infrastructure will be Type 2 Mennekes AC and/or CCS TYpe 2 Combo.

Looks like they're CCS1. :(

Charger Adealide CCS1.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Zoltrix77
I dont want to unnecessarily alarm but i thought i would share the attached article to inform. The article is about a tourist stabbed in a robbery attempt at the bus station which is right next to the Adelaide Supercharger. I have charged safely at the Supercharger on a number of occasions and also used the bus station facilities while I charge. There are often a few colorful characters around as the bus station seems to attract some vagrants and transients. I generally lock the doors if I am sitting in the car while charging but i have never felt threatened.

Tourist stabbed at Adelaide bus station

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMcN
This week for the first time ever I arrived at Adelaide SC to find all 4 spots taken. I wasnt too desperate so i drove on. About 5 minutes later I saw a spot had become available. I have also recently been on a couple of occasions and taken the last spot. Generally this is in the evening and often a couple of spots are taken by the hire car/chauffeur company. We have been very lucky in Adelaide compared to other cities to have easy SC access but I wonder what will happen when all the M3s start arriving. Of course they wont have lifetime SC like the early adopters but most will have the 1500 km referral bonus. Interesting times ahead. I just hope Tesla will keep up SC expansion to match the demand.

• Informative
Reactions: paulp and Chuq
Model 3's will still be able to use the Tritium's opposite (although I note only one has been converted to CCS2) of course at a slower rate.

How many are locals and how many are passing through? The upcoming Tuggerah SC north of Sydney will make it easier for drivers to bypass Sydney SCs. Perhaps Tesla need to do the same for Adelaide, and install one somewhere like Tailem Bend so that those going past Adelaide can make the drive to Clare without going into the city? (It also breaks down the Keith-Adelaide hop which is 224 km, and helps out those driving Adelaide-Sydney via Ouyen)

Or they could just build more in Adelaide. But I love a perfectly located regional site that provides bang-for-buck for multiple use cases!

Grrrr... I'm not a fan of them. They shouldn't be charging there as its against the Tesla TOS, but the "MyCar11" Model S sometimes just sits there not plugged in while the driver goes off.
Surely they would have a payment agreement with Tesla as it would be a blatant misuse of the supercharger otherwise, and it would showup on tesla’s data. Agree they are there a lot, usually every time I drive past.

It seems somewhat ironic to be charging my clean green EV from electricity largely produced from the clean green solar panels on the roof of the Adelaide Bus Station while busses sit next door just idling their diesel engines. I hope my HEPA filter is working.

Attachments

• B55B3447-C7A0-41FE-8A2B-2A2A2EA2E5ED.jpeg
    B55B3447-C7A0-41FE-8A2B-2A2A2EA2E5ED.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: baillies
  • Informative
Reactions: baillies
@paulp

The BYD K9 (sometimes just referred to as the BYDebus or BYD electric bus) is a battery electric bus manufactured by the Chinese automaker BYD Auto, powered with its self-developed lithium iron phosphate battery, featuring the longest drive range of 250 km (155 miles) on one single charge under urban road conditions.

The K9 is already used at Sydney Airport.
CapturFiles-19-18-2019_12.18.23.jpg

See here:
http://www.byd.com/en/news/2019-01-21/BYD-Rolls-Out-its-50,000th-Pure-Electric-Bus-
and here:
BYD K9 - Wikipedia

Nice little video here:
http://www.byd.com/sitesresources/enbyd/videos/future_video.mp4

Could it charger quicker? Sure, but that is more a charger than battery limitation.

BYD have rubbish trucks, busses, delivery trunks...all EVs....China is full stream ahead in the EV space.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulp and baillies