Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Adelaide (SA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the reason there is no information about Tesla on the council development applications. Considered in confidence.
IMG_3828.PNGIMG_3829.PNG
http://dmzweb.cityofadelaide.com.au...08/Minutes/Council/2017/2017_08_22Council.pdf

I stand to be corrected, but the latest photos imply that the Adelaide supercharger will have 4 stalls (not 8) given there are only 2 supercharger units next to the supply cabinet.
The photos do only show 4 stalls at the northern end but I am informed that there will be 4 more built at the southern end. I assume that they will also be Tesla but could be other EV chargers. There is also a sticker on the box saying Tesla ADL (1 of 8) which I am hoping means 1 of 8 stalls.

On the matter of SC, I was surprised Adelaide would have 8 SC when I think Richmond only has 6 but we are a few years closer to the Model 3 now and I think we will need all the stalls we can get with the Model 3.

That's true. Of course Melbourne and Sydney will get secondary locations, whereas if Adelaide has 8 to start with there probably won't be a need for it.

I am not an electrician but I assumed thIs big green box and the big white cabinets are providing the power. Is one of these the transformer? I have never ever seen a Supercharger site before so I am just learning. View attachment 248712View attachment 248713

The white boxes are part of the supercharger - two posts run off each box. The green box looks like a switchboard rather than a transformer.

If a new transformer is being installed then it would also most likely be a green box approximately 1m wide, 2m long and 1.5m high. Given the install is next to other buildings it possible that there could be enough spare capacity on an existing substation within a building nearby that would feed the switchboard directly.

No sign today of any big electrical boxes to match TesAus description of a transformer. I would assume they are getting their power from the bus station building including its solar panels. The driveway area for the SC is all done and ready for paving. The bases for the chargers at the Southern end are in place. They look just like the bases for the SC stalls so we will have to wait and see if we get 4 more Tesla stalls or a mixture of EV charging options.
IMG_3879.JPG IMG_3880.JPGIMG_3881.JPG