Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Adelaide (SA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0082.JPG
I'm making the most of it!

Reactions: BenT and Chuq
"The Tesla superchargers are the first of a network of 50 charging points across South Australia, and form part of the agreement between the State Government and Tesla to deliver the world’s largest lithium ion battery, to be built at Jamestown."

the questions are;
1. are Tesla building 50 charging points across SA? or 2. does the network of 50 charging points include the 40 generic chargers Adelaide city council announced last October?

the questions are;
1. are Tesla building 50 charging points across SA? or 2. does the network of 50 charging points include the 40 generic chargers Adelaide city council announced last October?
I thought the same. Very vague comment that could mean anything.. If they mean "charge points" as SC stalls then they have already done 12.
If they include destination chargers then that's easily done in SA.
Or did Tesla pay for the other 4 chargers at this site?

I think someone said they are type 2 sockets.

The Schneider EVLinks are type2 sockets, yes (22kW 3phase AC) - BYO type2-type2 cable (or type2-type1 for Leaf, Volt, etc)

But there are also a couple of Tritium Veefil DC fast chargers, which typically have CHAdeMO and CCS.
The Veefil in WA has type 1 CCS, the Veefil in Cairns has type 2.

NZ recently switched all their type1 CCS charging stations to type2 (and BMW NZ swapped out the charge ports on existing cars) so I'm hoping Adelaide council were forward thinking and installed type2 CCS.

Reactions: Chuq