Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aiea, HI (6 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s on the Nav map now. Flat $0.44/kWh rate.

2593A0E7-94C2-439C-A89E-904867D38F3A.jpeg

Pretty sure that makes it the most expensive Supercharger in the country. But I guess that shouldn’t be surprising.

It takes more than one picture to show all 8 spaces, since 2 are parallel and the other side of each transformer in this pic. There are 8 spaces, but there are only 6 charging stations/cables. These are V3 Superchargers, and are known for short cables. You must get close to reach your car. For the location, that's Long's in the center background out of sight, and far right, the red and white-ish is Chili's, again in background.
SC Sears 2 .jpg

SC Sears 3.jpg

It takes more than one picture to show all 8 spaces, since 2 are parallel and the other side of each transformer in this pic. There are 8 spaces, but there are only 6 charging stations/cables. These are V3 Superchargers, and are known for short cables. You must get close to reach your car. For the location, that's Long's in the center background out of sight, and far right, the red and white-ish is Chili's, again in background.
Interesting. Can you confirm that all 3 charging posts on each pallet capable of providing charge? They all have the "TESLA" lettering at the top illuminated, so I assume so. Can they all charge at the same time? I.e. 3 cars all simultaneously charging at one pallet?

In the past, the movable pallets with traditional style charging posts on them only had 2 posts. The pallets with urban-style charge posts had 3 in the same set up as these in your picture, but only 2 posts were ever wired up to provide charge at a time. But, of course, both of those versions were served by the V2 cabinets and therefore the 2-post limit is natural. With a V3 supercharger cabinet providing the power on these new pallets, that limitation isn't there.

Interesting. Can you confirm that all 3 charging posts on each pallet capable of providing charge? They all have the "TESLA" lettering at the top illuminated, so I assume so. Can they all charge at the same time? I.e. 3 cars all simultaneously charging at one pallet?

In the past, the movable pallets with traditional style charging posts on them only had 2 posts. The pallets with urban-style charge posts had 3 in the same set up as these in your picture, but only 2 posts were ever wired up to provide charge at a time. But, of course, both of those versions were served by the V2 cabinets and therefore the 2-post limit is natural. With a V3 supercharger cabinet providing the power on these new pallets, that limitation isn't there.
On my first trip, I saw cars charging at 1B, 1C, 2A & 2C. That's 4 of the 6 and I will take a guess that the remaining 2 work also.
However, I am pretty sure that charge cable is not going to reach CA, so confirming all 6 is probably not useful to you. Merry Christmas.

• Funny
Reactions: house9 and mociaf9
On my first trip, I saw cars charging at 1B, 1C, 2A & 2C. That's 4 of the 6 and I will take a guess that the remaining 2 work also.
However, I am pretty sure that charge cable is not going to reach CA, so confirming all 6 is probably not useful to you. Merry Christmas.
Thanks. My interest isn't in using the chargers themselves, though if I'm ever there and renting a Tesla I'll be happy to have a go, but rather is a general interest in Tesla's various supercharger equipment sets and how they are set up to work. So, I would have asked the same question even if they had been installed in my hometown. Merry Christmas.

Nice experience for my first Supercharger visit. Pulled it up on Nav and set the directions. The car started preconditioning for supercharging while I was driving from Ewa. Arrived with 38% charge and achieved 230kW initially and it cycled down as the battery filled. Stopped at 83% charge after 25 minutes. Nice to finally have a Supercharger on island.
And yes, cords are very short and you have to park really close.

@mociaf9 Yes all three charging stations can charge at the same time. I'm curious what the total kW output for each pallet is?
I can share with you the sticker that is on each station. The amount the car can receive is dependent on the battery version. As I recall the early 12/'13 maybe '14 were 90 amp. And sometime after '14, 120. Don't have knowledge of newer.
SC Sears 6.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9