Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aiea, HI (6 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been ogling the *FREE* Volta DC Fast Chargers at Ala Moana Shopping Center that look like they are about to come online. Saw 3 or 4 on the different parking levels--three of them near Nordstrom. Use CCS plug. And of course you can't yet buy a CCS adapter in North America if you have Model S or X. I thought I read there may be some hardware change that also need to be done in Model S and X, in addition to the adapter. I think Tesla has also dropped the Chademo converter from their web store.

There are some CCS adapters for all Tesla, just not from Tesla - yet. If you look around online, you will find some ads/offers for an adapter. I'm not going to point anyone to them, because I have no personal experience with them.

Those owners that can not charge at home, depend on charging in the wild. Nice if they don't have to pay money for charging, but even paying is sometimes their only choice.
Yes, I understand that. But my opinion if that is your only option you shouldn't be purchasing an EV.
For you guys that need a CCS adapter you can use this one CCS Adapter. I was hoping this work work on the HECO charger with the new M/X. But the issue lies with the new M/X, chademo and CCS charging doesn't work. My hope its the communication with the HECO chargers and new cars.
Also can't wait for the Volta charger so I can try the CCS adapter there.

Reactions: dakota_96
Yes, I understand that. But my opinion if that is your only option you shouldn't be purchasing an EV.
For you guys that need a CCS adapter you can use this one CCS Adapter. I was hoping this work work on the HECO charger with the new M/X. But the issue lies with the new M/X, chademo and CCS charging doesn't work. My hope its the communication with the HECO chargers and new cars.
Also can't wait for the Volta charger so I can try the CCS adapter there.
It’s online by Nordstrom. Did you try it yet?

FB_IMG_1640248377312.jpg