Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Akron, OH (Service Center, not for public use)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am starting a separate thread for the upcoming "official" Akron Supercharger:

Reactions: Tezla041
I mean, technically it is accessible to public. I charged there. It’s just mostly intended for internal use during business hours, so it’s not advertised.
My understanding is that there is a sign restricting use to just service center personnel. Is that not the case? If so, whether you can sneak a charge is irrelevant and this thread should not promote or imply the superchargers are available.

They didn't have any sign like that when I charged there. Have they installed it lately?
Just your post stating for "Authorized Use Only" and another post above stating they talked to folks at the SC who said it was only for the SCs use.

Not officially open yet, but it is working!
Just 2 Supercharger stalls and several destination chargers (“for authorized use only”).
Maybe they aren't too concerned off hours.

Just your post stating for "Authorized Use Only"

Destination chargers had a sign “for authorized use only”. There was no such sign at the Superchargers. But that was back in May, I don’t know if they added something by now.

5664DED8-3871-4597-A702-3ED9B4B57696.jpeg

• Informative
Tesla now shows the Akron supercharger eta as q1 2023 they have been pushing the date for what 4-5 years now? I go from Columbus to Akron often and going out of my way to charge is annoying … hopefully the SC superchargers will be an emergency option but not looking forward to continuing driving past my destination to charge or going the wrong way before going home after a day or weekend trip.

Reactions: kevinquisition
Has anyone without free supercharging tried them off hours and seen if they were billed for the time?

I could see Tesla putting together an algorithm that only cars showing as in service would charge. Same for the wall connectors there. Maybe with an override if battery is less than 5% for emergencies.

Tesla now shows the Akron supercharger eta as q1 2023 they have been pushing the date for what 4-5 years now? I go from Columbus to Akron often and going out of my way to charge is annoying … hopefully the SC superchargers will be an emergency option but not looking forward to continuing driving past my destination to charge or going the wrong way before going home after a day or weekend trip.
Seriously though where the hell are the Akron/Canton superchargers