Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Akron, OH (Service Center, not for public use)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am disappointed to see that this thread was started over 2 years ago and still no discernible activity. I noticed that Tesla currently identifies Akron as coming in 2020. Nothing on supercharge.info. Not even in permit.

An Akron SC would help my using 76/71/30 route from Pittsburgh to Ft Wayne. Currently have to swing north on Turnpike, or go out of way to Macedonia then to the ever-awkward-to-get-to Lima SC. I really wish the Mt Gilead SC on 71 had been placed closer to Rt 30 intersection. Rt 30 from Mansfield to Indiana border is such a great road.

Am disappointed to see that this thread was started over 2 years ago and still no discernible activity. I noticed that Tesla currently identifies Akron as coming in 2020. Nothing on supercharge.info. Not even in permit.

An Akron SC would help my using 76/71/30 route from Pittsburgh to Ft Wayne. Currently have to swing north on Turnpike, or go out of way to Macedonia then to the ever-awkward-to-get-to Lima SC. I really wish the Mt Gilead SC on 71 had been placed closer to Rt 30 intersection. Rt 30 from Mansfield to Indiana border is such a great road.
still awaiting....

Oh, wow. I read in the initial link I had found that the superchargers were going to be along the eastern exterior wall, but I couldn't square that with the amount of space I thought that would take up and the satellite views of the parking lot I saw on Google, so I assumed that it was just a misunderstanding and that they would just be in the already existing parking spaces on that side of the building just on the other side of the driving aisle. But no, after looking at the plans included in the staff report you linked, I see that they're actually going to be along that wall, just with the cars like parallel parked against the wall, nose to tail. I've never seen Tesla use that layout for a supercharger before--hence my difficulty in squaring the text with the available space. Should be interesting. I already foresee a lot of damaged charge posts from people struggling to back into the spaces and getting too close.

The Akron/Canton area desperately needed a supercharger. Wish it was more toward Canton to assist with East/West travel along US-30 and to Youngstown.
The Lima SC was also not placed to facilitate east/west travel via RT 30. It didn’t look that bad to me on the map, but it is time consuming to get to, especially between it and headed West, or when coming from the West, to get to it. For my own needs, I’ve wished there were a SC at Mansfield. Should be easy to serve both north/south and east/west traffic there.

Reactions: wws and Dublineer
The Lima SC was also not placed to facilitate east/west travel via RT 30. It didn’t look that bad to me on the map, but it is time consuming to get to, especially between it and headed West, or when coming from the West, to get to it. For my own needs, I’ve wished there were a SC at Mansfield. Should be easy to serve both north/south and east/west traffic there.
Exactly. It’s almost as if Tesla doesn’t know US-30 exists.

Reactions: wws
I stopped by to check it out this afternoon. Nice building, but there are no signs of any activity there. It still has “Available” banners. Empty parking lot.

CB2237CD-F422-4C14-98C9-8C710226D9E7.jpeg

We drove pass the building today and were happy to see some work has begun on the building. Front doors were open and we could see that the wall between the waiting area and the work bay area had been framed in. Lights were on inside and there we two electrician trucks parked along the east side. Plus, there were two large dumpsters on the parking lot in front of the building. I is heartened to see work happening. Hope they keep up a steady pace and get this completed before too long.